Temporary licence

Convicted Driver Insurance
Did you get a one year licence the first time you applied after your ban or did you have to prove abstinence for 6 months/a year?

Morning Suzy

No, I'm afraid I only got a 12 month driving licence the first time around. I was banned for nearly two years, but I did go out of my way to prove 12 months of sobriety during my ban by having at least 4 x LFTs done.

CJ

Morning Suzy

No, I'm afraid I only got a 12 month driving licence the first time around. I was banned for nearly two years, but I did go out of my way to prove 12 months of sobriety during my ban by having at least 4 x LFTs done.

CJ
Hi CJ,

I’d have stayed abstinent for a year during my ban, had I known that was required, but they don’t tell you. It’s a hard pill to swallow!

Did you get a longer temporary licence the next time around?

Hi Suzy just to reiterate usually after your medical your driving licence can take 10 days to 2 weeks for it to arrive, you can check online Dvla licence check as this update’s first, and you will need your drivers licence number national insurance number and your postcode, …..
Hey honestMan, I had my medical Wednesday and been checking the website regularly as it also still has my old address nothing changed then suddently it says I entered wrong details so I tried my new postcode and now it says it cannot find my details? Do you think it’s just being updated or if refused it would show me refused? Panicking here

Hey honestMan, I had my medical Wednesday and been checking the website regularly as it also still has my old address nothing changed then suddently it says I entered wrong details so I tried my new postcode and now it says it cannot find my details? Do you think it’s just being updated or if refused it would show me refused? Panicking here
Umm if you’ve been refused it will show: you have no driving entitlement not sure about the address change, if you move you should always update your address, medical Wednesday, you should of had it by now, there is a strong possibility that they are investigating further which means your license will not be issued until all medical enquiries have finished….

Umm if you’ve been refused it will show: you have no driving entitlement not sure about the address change, if you move you should always update your address, medical Wednesday, you should of had it by now, there is a strong possibility that they are investigating further which means your license will not be issued until all medical enquiries have finished….
Yeah I thought so it would show. Yes I updated my address when initially sent the d1 form they said it would be updated after the medical. They received my bloods but not the questionnaire Aparently well it hasn’t been scanned in got the usual not medically qualified when asked about result it’s only been 2 days so just have to wait

Yeah I thought so it would show. Yes I updated my address when initially sent the d1 form they said it would be updated after the medical. They received my bloods but not the questionnaire Aparently well it hasn’t been scanned in got the usual not medically qualified when asked about result it’s only been 2 days so just have to wait
Ahh sorry I thought you meant last Wednesday, my apologies, yes it’s a little early, more than likely by Tuesday 😬 👍

Ahh sorry I thought you meant last Wednesday, my apologies, yes it’s a little early, more than likely by Tuesday 😬 👍
I wonder since they haven’t told me what the result of the bloods are I guess it’s below 3 😂 because that would be instant refusal even without the questionnaire no? 😂 am just keep trying to play all the scenarios in my head the wait is killing

Yes, temporary license or medical review licence will be granted once Dvla have finished their medical enquiries, and therefore each year after …
I got a one year licence, I was told pass after a year should be a 3 or 5 then back to normal

I just got no patience for it 🙈 my ban was up in jan and they have taken forever just to send me details where to go for medical it’s so annoying!

I was in your position last year my app started in jan I got licence back in in August. It took ages be prepared to be nothing but frustrated mate.
No drinking for 16-17 days before your medical you will pass the cdt test

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off