Temporary Insurance for Convicted Driver DR10

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alrac123

Well Known Member
Hello.
A week today, I am able to drive after a long and stressful 15m ban.
I need a new vehicle but the problem I have is that in Wales, no car shops are open til 12th April (same day as I get my licence back).
So, that means I need temporary cover on one of the cars in the household to tide me over, perhaps one or two weeks.
However, NO quotes I've had so far insure convicted drivers on temporary basis.
Has anyone been successful with this sort.of situation?
Thank you.

Hello. Was in the same position in November. I wasn’t looking for a temp insurance but was buying a car which btw they are giving good deals I saved £500 just due to them being shut but they sorted it within a few days as the are desperate to get sales
I was able to drive in the garage insurance for the test drive so not sure how that works
Tbh I think with the mess to get temp cover after all this time is it worth it as you could have a car in a few days
Welcome back to driving

Hello you can always buy a policy ,pay monthly and cancel after a month, of course you will have to pay charges.i use first central after my dg10. All th best

Hello. Was in the same position in November. I wasn’t looking for a temp insurance but was buying a car which btw they are giving good deals I saved £500 just due to them being shut but they sorted it within a few days as the are desperate to get sales
I was able to drive in the garage insurance for the test drive so not sure how that works
Tbh I think with the mess to get temp cover after all this time is it worth it as you could have a car in a few days
Welcome back to driving
Good point, January. I just wanna drivvveeeee 😂 maybe i will just go for test drive on Monday which will be legal and wait until I get my new car 🚗
Brum brum!
(Honestly, the excitement I am feeling beats 100 x Christmas's lol)

Good point, January. I just wanna drivvveeeee 😂 maybe i will just go for test drive on Monday which will be legal and wait until I get my new car 🚗
Brum brum!
I was a bit nervous at first but like with any new car! Not used it much due to lockdown so far
But have given up alcohol totally ( I was stopped the morning after ) as I don’t want to think how many hours until I can drive next day
Enjoy your wheels & haggle for a good price

Brum brum!
More than your first love is the question ? (y)(n) :)

Hello you can always buy a policy ,pay monthly and cancel after a month, of course you will have to pay charges.i use first central after my dg10. All th best
That is a good idea but I think I'm just going to have to be patient 😂😂
More than your first love is the question ? (y)(n) :)
Hiya Les boy. How's it going?
God, I remember chatting to you when I got caught and being able to drive again seemed like a million years away!

I was a bit nervous at first but like with any new car! Not used it much due to lockdown so far
But have given up alcohol totally ( I was stopped the morning after ) as I don’t want to think how many hours until I can drive next day
Enjoy your wheels & haggle for a good price
Well done, that's fab on the booze front.
You've done well!!!
1 unit per hour to leave body ;)
I've cut down massively, credit to the drink drive course.

Well done, that's fab on the booze front.
You've done well!!!
1 unit per hour to leave body ;)
I've cut down massively, credit to the drink drive course.
Yes the course was an eye opener especially to size of wine glasses & units. But want to enjoy driving so decided to stop.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off