Tell the truth?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bracken79

Hi everyone,
Thanks to some really helpful advice on here I am currently driving on a section 88 and my medical is on the 27th January. I had 17 weeks off the drink but had a 2 day blow out in the 25/26th December and will not be drinking again until after my medical and would just like to ask a few questions please?
1. Having a 2 day blow out, during a 22 week abstinence. Will this jeopardise my results?
2. Is it best to be honest about the questions on my medical? I went to the doctor’s about 5 years ago with Depression and at the time was having suicidal thoughts. Should I tell them this at my medical?
I was originally banned in 2005 hence the section 88 but now the time is nearing I am getting worried about my past and the 2 stupid days I had over Christmas. Thank you in advance for any help/guidance.

Hi Bracken. As long as you were not drinking mega loads before your abstinence, after 17 weeks a few days blowout should not have a major impact. Leave it now til the medical and I'm sure your CDT will be below 1% and you will fly through.

Regarding the questionnaire, I would advise being upfront and admitting anything that is asked about (possibly mention depression but don't expand about the thoughts). Unfortunately at the moment there doesn't seem to be a rule of when they write to the GP, a lot of the time they will write to the GP for any reason. If you lie about anything and they then write to the GP who contradicts you, it will no doubt cause delays and they will presume you have lied about all of the other questions so may investigate further.

As long as you are upfront and are now free of any issues then all should be fine! Speak to your GP to ensure your notes are up to date to ensure that nothing bites you on the arse should they contact the GP.

Hi Bracken. As long as you were not drinking mega loads before your abstinence, after 17 weeks a few days blowout should not have a major impact. Leave it now til the medical and I'm sure your CDT will be below 1% and you will fly through.

Regarding the questionnaire, I would advise being upfront and admitting anything that is asked about (possibly mention depression but don't expand about the thoughts). Unfortunately at the moment there doesn't seem to be a rule of when they write to the GP, a lot of the time they will write to the GP for any reason. If you lie about anything and they then write to the GP who contradicts you, it will no doubt cause delays and they will presume you have lied about all of the other questions so may investigate further.

As long as you are upfront and are now free of any issues then all should be fine! Speak to your GP to ensure your notes are up to date to ensure that nothing bites you on the arse should they contact the GP.

Thank you. I was a heavy drinker before going off it on the 31st August however (8 x 440ml cans of 5% a night and maybe more on weekends) I’ve been going to the gym and eating a very low carb diet since then dropping 25kg in weight. Getting all the green tea I can (havent tried milk thistle as heard good and bad things about it) haven’t been on anti depressants for over 4 years now and thankfully no more silly thoughts since then either. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how it goes as nothing I can do about it now we’ll apart from carrying on off the drink of course. Feel like kicking myself for them 2 days but what’s done is done I suppose. Thanks again mate have a great new year.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off