Tearing my hair out....

Convicted Driver Insurance

Namyah78

Hey everyone!
So...I should have regained my entitlement to drive on September 28th 2020 however due to COVID etc my course was repeatedly cancelled I couldn’t do my course until 1st Oct, did all that no bother. Was unfortunately given the wrong info at the course with regards to applying which delayed my application. I did my medical on December 11th, had letter dated 22nd December to say they were contacting my GP because I declared mental health issue (anxiety, am coming down off my meds and am now at very low dose)...spoke to my GP today who said they haven’t received anything from the DVLA, called DVLA, they say they sent the request before Xmas and basically just said to wait. Surely my GP would have had it by now if they were going to? I don’t know what my point is really, I think I’m just venting my frustrations lol

Hey everyone!
So...I should have regained my entitlement to drive on September 28th 2020 however due to COVID etc my course was repeatedly cancelled I couldn’t do my course until 1st Oct, did all that no bother. Was unfortunately given the wrong info at the course with regards to applying which delayed my application. I did my medical on December 11th, had letter dated 22nd December to say they were contacting my GP because I declared mental health issue (anxiety, am coming down off my meds and am now at very low dose)...spoke to my GP today who said they haven’t received anything from the DVLA, called DVLA, they say they sent the request before Xmas and basically just said to wait. Surely my GP would have had it by now if they were going to? I don’t know what my point is really, I think I’m just venting my frustrations lol
Hi I feel your pain going through the same was supposed to have my licence back in 20 nov 2020. I am also at the doc stage. Got pissed off and asked dvla anyway to speed things up they said yeah we can email the form to your doctors if you like (why this is not an option in the first place god knows.) anyway then made sure they have it now waiting for a call from the doc to confirm it’s been done. Hope this helps. This has been the single most frustrating infuriating process I have ever been through I get will all did wrong but having severed our time they need to buck there ideas up it is pathetic

Exactly this! We know full well we committed an offence but like you say, we’ve more than paid for it now. I just feel like every time I ask the dvla if things could be sped up a little they basically say well you were in the wrong in the first place so deal with it!

Exactly this! We know full well we committed an offence but like you say, we’ve more than paid for it now. I just feel like every time I ask the dvla if things could be sped up a little they basically say well you were in the wrong in the first place so deal with it!
Yeah it’s unbelievable unfortunately they have the king of all excuses for being even more useless than they already are as well. It’s just impossible to get on with life with it still hanging over your head. This has been a quarter of a year process so far for me and it’s now about to cost me thousands of pounds extra as my no claims runs out shortly plus trying to run a business where I need to be able to drive now is unbearable but as long as their silly little boxes are ticked all be it ones I have already ticked as the form I had to return was the same I filled out during my he medical more or less about what medication I take and my doctors info which of coarse they know. Sorry starting to rant now

Yeah it’s unbelievable unfortunately they have the king of all excuses for being even more useless than they already are as well. It’s just impossible to get on with life with it still hanging over your head. This has been a quarter of a year process so far for me and it’s now about to cost me thousands of pounds extra as my no claims runs out shortly plus trying to run a business where I need to be able to drive now is unbearable but as long as their silly little boxes are ticked all be it ones I have already ticked as the form I had to return was the same I filled out during my he medical more or less about what medication I take and my doctors info which of coarse they know. Sorry starting to rant now

It’s hard not to rant though isn’t it! Everytime you think you’re making progress you end up having another hurdle to jump...I can’t believe they make something relatively simple so drawn out and complicated!

It’s hard not to rant though isn’t it! Everytime you think you’re making progress you end up having another hurdle to jump...I can’t believe they make something relatively simple so drawn out and complicated!
Yeah agree if they were operating in the real world they would of been closed years ago. But unfortunately no way to complain no right of reply we are just stuck at there will. I like the later I received today saying there is no time scale on their medical officer they will do it at some point and we will let you know, marvellous.

Yeah agree if they were operating in the real world they would of been closed years ago. But unfortunately no way to complain no right of reply we are just stuck at there will. I like the later I received today saying there is no time scale on their medical officer they will do it at some point and we will let you know, marvellous.

They wrote to my GP apparently about my anxiety but they’ve not sent me any forms or anything to fill out. I hope they don’t send me forms now cus that will delay everything all over again!

They wrote to my GP apparently about my anxiety but they’ve not sent me any forms or anything to fill out. I hope they don’t send me forms now cus that will delay everything all over again!
If it’s mental health it’s the same as mine it’s an m1 form it’s on there website to download print it off and sent it to the medical team dvla that’s what I have done

UPDATE!
Called the DVLA again today, took me an hour to get through to someone but I got there, gave them an email address that the admin team at my doctor's surgery gave me and they sent the request via email. The admin team have confirmed that they have now received the request and will keep me updated as it progresses through their end.

Patience is key in this process...bearing in mind this has been going on since September...so to anyone hoping they'll get things sorted quicker because their ban is up in the next couple of weeks/months, be prepared to wait!

UPDATE!
Called the DVLA again today, took me an hour to get through to someone but I got there, gave them an email address that the admin team at my doctor's surgery gave me and they sent the request via email. The admin team have confirmed that they have now received the request and will keep me updated as it progresses through their end.

Patience is key in this process...bearing in mind this has been going on since September...so to anyone hoping they'll get things sorted quicker because their ban is up in the next couple of weeks/months, be prepared to wait!
Well done least it’s got things moving 😀

Most of the time when you call them they just the line is busy and disconnect you without even putting you a queue

Most of the time when you call them they just the line is busy and disconnect you without even putting you a queue

its such a joke really isn’t it! I called another team and acted dumb and they put me through, was on hold for ages but better than being hung up on!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off