Teaching and drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

sidekick125

Hi, back in 2008 when I was 18 I got arrested for drink driving and disqualified for 12 months, which was reduced to 9 months as I attended a course.

During that time I decided I wanted to teach, to get onto my course I needed two weeks teaching experience in which I had to fill out an AccessNI form (Northern Irish version of CRB/DBS) and it showed up on that naturally. However, I needed to complete another full disclosure CRB/DBS for uni as I would be working with children and it did not show on that. After the 9 months I applied for my drivers licence and they sent me my full licence without any sign of the drunk driving offence on my counterpart. I phoned and checked and they said that this was perfectly correct.

I have finished my four year course and have got myself a full time teaching job for September. But I am curious about the DBS that I need to fill out, will anything show up on it? At the time that everything happened I was extremely confused and not really with it. So what should I expect, why hasn't anything shown up on my licence or my university CRB?

Also, I know that this was my fault. But I was stopped the next morning and blew a really close reading (57) and had to be taken for blood tests. I assumed I would be fine after a few hours sleep but not the case!

Normally any DBS check for a job such as a teacher will be an enhanced check and will show both spent and unspent convictions. Based on this I would assume that your previous drink drive conviction will show up, however if this is in Northern Ireland then the system may be different. I would advise contacting a local solicitor to see if they could shed any light on the matter.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off