Spoke to my gp/ history.

Convicted Driver Insurance

MJ2020

I spoke to my gp to find out my history , there is only a comment on my report that states I was drinking a bottle of wine on an evening back in 2018 and that’s it , nothing else at all , should I be worried ? This was flagged when I was taking an antidepressant ( low dose 10 mg ) and I was in for a check up .

I dont take these anymore ,I stopped taking them in feb this year and my gp was made aware and he was fine with that , I havent drunk wine each evening for a while , I have been abstinent for over 2 months now and I’m due to do a medicheck in the next few weeks to be sure I’m going to be ok , I just hope they don’t class me as dependent when I’m obviously not , I’m hoping to nail it below 0.9% on my cdt .

even though I manage that I do think my go will be contacted as my ban ended in august 19 , I just hope they don’t make me wait for a year abstaining , maybe I will be issued with a temporary licence ?....

Hi, don't be confused temporary licences are ONLY issued to drivers who have been through the strict and stringent DVLA process and have either been classed dependant or misuse, the reason why a temp licence is issued is` that DVLA can review your situation in a years time and send you for another medical in order that you are medically fit to hold such a licence, temp licences are NOT issued while they consider the future of your licence......drinking a bottle of wine on an evening will not be phrased to DVLA on medical investigation they break that amount down into units per night? This is what the medical form DD2 is for.....

I spoke to my gp to find out my history , there is only a comment on my report that states I was drinking a bottle of wine on an evening back in 2018 and that’s it , nothing else at all , should I be worried ? This was flagged when I was taking an antidepressant ( low dose 10 mg ) and I was in for a check up .

I dont take these anymore ,I stopped taking them in feb this year and my gp was made aware and he was fine with that , I havent drunk wine each evening for a while , I have been abstinent for over 2 months now and I’m due to do a medicheck in the next few weeks to be sure I’m going to be ok , I just hope they don’t class me as dependent when I’m obviously not , I’m hoping to nail it below 0.9% on my cdt .

even though I manage that I do think my go will be contacted as my ban ended in august 19 , I just hope they don’t make me wait for a year abstaining , maybe I will be issued with a temporary licence ?....
Wat was the outcome and the results on medicheck

Had my medicheck in November it came back 0.7 %
Hi MJ, did they issue your licence or are you still waiting to hear? Presumably with a medichecks coming in at 0.7%, your actual DVLA blood test would have been fine. Did they write to the GP, if so I would have thought that you could have possibly been classed as a misuser and have to show 6 months of drinking within guidelines of 14 units per week, hopefully they wouldn't class it as dependence!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off