Sought medical help and told to inform DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mackeroo12

Hi Everyone. I went to see GP 2 weeks for medical support in relation to my drinking, which he gave me medication for to help with the cravings. However he told me i had to inform DVLA, and despite telling him I have never driven whilst under the influence and have been working from home for past 2 year, he was insistent, that if i didnt advise them then he would. So i sent off the forms last week, and in my niaviety i assumed there would be a quick turnaround re decision of how long i lose my licence for, ie i would hear next week. I have heard that it can take up to 4-6 months for it to be processed!! Can anyone advise if this timescale is accurate at all and if anything i or GP can do to speed it up.
Also another question - Can i still drive whilst DVLA process my forms?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi Everyone. I went to see GP 2 weeks for medical support in relation to my drinking, which he gave me medication for to help with the cravings. However he told me i had to inform DVLA, and despite telling him I have never driven whilst under the influence and have been working from home for past 2 year, he was insistent, that if i didnt advise them then he would. So i sent off the forms last week, and in my niaviety i assumed there would be a quick turnaround re decision of how long i lose my licence for, ie i would hear next week. I have heard that it can take up to 4-6 months for it to be processed!! Can anyone advise if this timescale is accurate at all and if anything i or GP can do to speed it up.
Also another question - Can i still drive whilst DVLA process my forms?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Firstly, well done to you for going for help . This is doubtless small comfort . I think you can still drive until such time as they say not . Unfortunately, you will be embroiled in the DVLA machine that functions at a snails pace. Others have commented on here how such reporting is a disincentive and discourages people from going for help . I can see this. Unfortunately Drs are strangled by rules and regulations: hence this approach . Make sure you keep in touch with the GP to confirm the progress you are making and get this logged on your record . Good luck with this , and I hope you are feeling better re the alcohol .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off