Solicitors cost???

Convicted Driver Insurance

SPHM

Hi

So I blew 0.73 and crashed into a parked car writing it off and it also shunted into another 2. Damaging 3 in total. My first ever offence. I’ve done my homework and know I’m looking 17-22 months ban. I am a project manager and drive all over my region for a job and do charity work. I know solicitors can go for mitigation. In my case would anybody advise paying for the solicitor or go alone. If I’m going to pay £1500 is it worth being saved a few extra months ban.

Any advice welcome. TIA for your time and help.

If you know you are “bang to rights” for the drink driving then £1500 is a lot to spend on mitigation. Many of our clients have only spent £3-400.
You can write up some mitigation yourself to present to the court and ask 2-3 people you know to provide written references.
Some people are terrified of the thought of addressing the court, so prefer to fork out for someone to do it for them but often a personal apology from the driver can have more impact than a “crafted “ one from a solicitor.
Pound for pound, a solicitor might talk it down from 22 to 17 months. Getting to go on a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course can reduce a 22 ban by 4 1/2 months and costs about £170....

I paid for one on a mates date and paid £300 reduced from £700, if I’m honest they didn’t do anything for me I wrote a letter to the court my self which the court said was very good! I got the least amount of ban possible and my fine was in the lowest possible bracket. if you are confident then stand up in court your self if not wrote a good letter and pay no more than £400/ £500. As you said your band to rights it’s not toning to make a difference! Save them money for when your insurance comply tells you that the claim is invalid and you have to pay for the 3 cars you have damaged.

Thanks for your advice. Regarding dress code. I have various blazers but only a light grey full suit. What would you advise please?

My solicitor was £190 for the whole process, I don't know how people end up spending £1500 on a solicitor when there's no real arguement for drink driving.

Contact a local solicitor and ask how much it would be for them to come to court on the day. All my solicitor done was said I was sorry and that I had given up the drink and requested the drink driving awareness course. After seeing how little they done I would be confident that most people could do it themselves. If you decide to represent yourself write a letter of apology to the court, outline how you plan to never do something like this again, focus on how you're a charity worker and most importantly ASK for the drink driving awareness course to reduce your ban. Also light grey suit and tie would look professional and shows the court that you are taking things seriously. Best of luck!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off