Slightly raised ENZYMES !! HELP PLEASE will i pass or fail ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

machines

[h=1]Will i pass DVLA medical ?[/h] Well hello (Please Please any help and or advice gratefully received :)

Had my DVLA medical on the 4th jan. The doctor took blood, measured my height, weight, felt abdomen area and asked when my last drink was and how often i drank etc

Was all over in 10 odd minutes !

I've been to my GP on the 16th january 2013 to discuss something completely unrelated to this and randomly asked my GP whether he had any updates from the DVLA or the doctor who did my medical - he brought up the report and i wrote down the levels

ALT 77
GGT 36
AST 59

I understand that the AST and ALT are approx 20-30% higher , thought my GGT is within the normal range. I rarely drink, however do kickboxing (highly intenseive and/or strenuous) several times a week.

Could this explain the increase ?

How normal is it for/Would the DVLA write to my GP to request further info ?

I've already contacted the DVLA on the 16th jan but they've simply advised me that they have the results (received coincidentally on the 16th too !) and are awaiting for the medical dept to assess them before writing to me with any update...

I'm doing ongoing research as we speak

Thank you in advance for any assistance, much appreciated through these beyond stressful times !! :(

[h=1]Will i pass DVLA medical ?[/h] Well hello (Please Please any help and or advice gratefully received :)

Had my DVLA medical on the 4th jan. The doctor took blood, measured my height, weight, felt abdomen area and asked when my last drink was and how often i drank etc

Was all over in 10 odd minutes !

I've been to my GP on the 16th january 2013 to discuss something completely unrelated to this and randomly asked my GP whether he had any updates from the DVLA or the doctor who did my medical - he brought up the report and i wrote down the levels

ALT 77
GGT 36
AST 59

I understand that the AST and ALT are approx 20-30% higher , thought my GGT is within the normal range. I rarely drink, however do kickboxing (highly intenseive and/or strenuous) several times a week.

Could this explain the increase ?

How normal is it for/Would the DVLA write to my GP to request further info ?

I've already contacted the DVLA on the 16th jan but they've simply advised me that they have the results (received coincidentally on the 16th too !) and are awaiting for the medical dept to assess them before writing to me with any update...

I'm doing ongoing research as we speak

Thank you in advance for any assistance, much appreciated through these beyond stressful times !! :(
Machine i know you Doing research but how come you did not ask the doc about the readings , Im sure they could have told u, but fingers crossed, if they are slightly raised, dvla might Take a blind eye to It, trying to Find out what they mean as Im not 100%

Hi Lily thanks for the speedy reply :)

Basically, my GP will only discuss one problem/issue at a time and lets put it this way, i was very lucky that he even loaded up this report from the doc at the other practive whom did my medical ! I literally had to write them down sharpish as he wasn';t very happy that i was 'hogging' his time, and he says to me 'i've other patients waiting..' lol

So i just left it for then, i tried calling DVLA again this morning, however they are closed till further notice due to the weather !

So more waiting...it's the only thing i guess i can do for now and try not to worry too much about it ...silence feels like a killer !! :(

Hi Lily thanks for the speedy reply :)

Basically, my GP will only discuss one problem/issue at a time and lets put it this way, i was very lucky that he even loaded up this report from the doc at the other practive whom did my medical ! I literally had to write them down sharpish as he wasn';t very happy that i was 'hogging' his time, and he says to me 'i've other patients waiting..' lol

So i just left it for then, i tried calling DVLA again this morning, however they are closed till further notice due to the weather !

So more waiting...it's the only thing i guess i can do for now and try not to worry too much about it ...silence feels like a killer !! :(

I do understand hun, my doc does not have time wi me at all , hence sneaking into my File while she was away, fingures crossed It will all b ok hun, let us Know xxxx Its not the end of the World but It sure messies stuff up, noone wants to know us withought a ride peeps r Just funny creatures but Im still reseaching too about Ya levels xkeep the faith u b ok

I do understand hun, my doc does not have time wi me at all , hence sneaking into my File while she was away, fingures crossed It will all b ok hun, let us Know xxxx Its not the end of the World but It sure messies stuff up, noone wants to know us withought a ride peeps r Just funny creatures but Im still reseaching too about Ya levels xkeep the faith u b ok

See thats exactly the thing, they these days 'DOCS' dont seem to have time for us patients like they did the past 10 odd years back !

So far from my research, ALT , AGT are slightly over the limits BUT my GGT is within the limits and OK.... also apparently there are many things that can cause this increase ie, medication - painkillers (including ibuprofen and possibly any other stronget ones including tramadol which i was on only finishing a few days before my medical>? ) also strenuous exercise, even stress itself etc...the strenuous thing for me is pretty big as i explained to my medical doc that i did kickboxing 4-5 times a week and im sure he made a note of that (thought not 100%) as was kinda panicking as i hate needles !! lol...

hi i am due for a medical soon , can you tell me will my own gp be informed that i have been for a dvla medical ? just wondering whether to go and ask him about the results afterwards or do you think it would be a waste of time ? regarding your results i have heard that above than average exercise can slightly increase the enzyme levels and the fact that you mentioned the kickboxing should be taken into consideration.let me know how you get on .good luck

hi i am due for a medical soon , can you tell me will my own gp be informed that i have been for a dvla medical ? just wondering whether to go and ask him about the results afterwards or do you think it would be a waste of time ? regarding your results i have heard that above than average exercise can slightly increase the enzyme levels and the fact that you mentioned the kickboxing should be taken into consideration.let me know how you get on .good luck

Hello Amanda, Your GP will be sent the results of your medical so yes. Depending on how you get on and what your GP is like you could ask to discuss the results once they;ve received them. The receptionist at my surgery asked me to call in and discuss them over the telephone, but i would much rather do it face to face if you get me cos its always a better indication in person as opposed to simply verbally over the phone.

Also yeh i'm pretty much hearing the same thing regarding intensive exercising and the such so touch wood it all goes well for me and i get my license back at last !

Keep us posted on what you decide to do and how you get on :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off