Single Police Officer

Convicted Driver Insurance

chris

Hi there.

Im in court tomorrow for 107/100 breath test.

When i was arrested i was out the car, which was parked stationary at the side of the road, and it was an un mark police car coming from the other direction , there was myself and 2 other out the car at this point, looking at a tyre, the police officer grabbed me and put me in his un marked car, i blew in and failed. He didnt however breathalise any of the others in the car.

He claims he stopped me, which he didnt in St Lendards road, when actually he stopped me in Topsham Road, about half a mile away, as i got a parking ticket in Topsham Road where the car was left.

His statements say he stopped me, however he didnt. If i plead not guilty to driving the vechile, as its my word against his and i never at any point admitted to drink driving, what will happen??

Regards

As you have pleaded not guilty you will have a trial in this matter and the issue of whether you were driving or not will be determined by the Court once they hear and assess all evidence in your case.

If you are convicted the guideline penalty for sentence is a 23 - 28 month disqualification. The court are also encouraged to consider the imposition of a Community Order although the Court can be persuaded away from this penalty by a talented and persuasive lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off