Should I cancel my insurance policy?

Convicted Driver Insurance

aderyndu

I have been sentenced and licence revoked. My insurance was automatically paid by direct debit after the RTC. I haven't yet informed the insurance company (Churchill) and don't plan to claim (car written off - no third party involved). Do I have to inform them of my conviction when I cancel or let it run for the rest of the year? What legal obligation am I under? Any advice would be much appreciated

I let my insurance run to its end,one month after getting banned.Was worried in case it got voided but it ran to the end. and another years no claims bonus.BUT if your insurance get wind of your conviction and RTC and void your insurance....it will mean even higher premiums for when you get your license back.If you have several months left,I would cancel it to be on the safe side.....but others on here will advise you better than I can.

I have cancelled my insurance few days after my conviction even though there was a third party claim submitted.

It's safe and better to cancel on your own. like AndyJG said, If it gets cancelled/voided by insurance company then it will become more expensive and very difficult to get insurance in future (at least for 5 years)

I have cancelled my insurance few days after my conviction even though there was a third party claim submitted.

It's safe and better to cancel on your own. like AndyJG said, If it gets cancelled/voided by insurance company then it will become more expensive and very difficult to get insurance in future (at least for 5 years)
Just cancel your policy you don't need to explain why.

I cancelled mine day after charged also got copy of no claims bonus which is valid for two years
Just gone through process of getting insurance this last week

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off