Should I be classed as high risk offender

Convicted Driver Insurance

Paddzlife15

Hi so my understanding of a high risk offender is some one who has been banned twice for drink driving in ten years..

So got banned, served there ban, got there licence back then went and drink drove again ( not learning there lesson )

In my case I was arrested January the 5th for drink drive got released had a court date set but before I went to court I got arrested for a second drink drive.. then I went to court for both drink drives.. I received a 5 year ban 1000 pound fine and 6 months on tag I appealed and got my ban down to 18 months..

My point is I did not get banned then get my licence back and do it again I had no time to realise what I done and suffer the consequences.. I done two drink drives before being banned for the first one in the space of 3 weeks apart..

I thought a high risk offender would be somebody who got banned done the time, reapplied for licence then went and done it again..

Any advise or opinion are appreciated thanks

A HRO is usually catergorized with a breath reading of over 87.5 for a single drink drive or a person who has committed two drink drives in ten years regardless of the time scale...

Attachments

• IMG_1194.PNG
    IMG_1194.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 6
Ah okay thanks, you seem to help alot of people on here so have knowledge.. I am due my medical test in the 10th of October I am not a big drinker once a month if that but I was at a birthday Saturday the 14th and drank around 18 units I know this is classed as a binge. But was a one of do you think this would make me fail the CDT??

Also if I get a CDT of 2.2% + and this comes into (amber) is this when a temporary licence is issued never been to doctors about alcohol had no need to.

Just worried as when go to the club's once month I probably binge.. doesn't every one ?

Thank you appreciate your advise

I can't predict what your CDT percentage would be unfortunately we are not all built the same but most people facing a dvla medical do abstain completely from 2 weeks to 3 months in some cases longer, you are right you have had a binge drink and this can lead to elevated CDT levels on the other hand if it was say one binge in 2 months it could be the case that CDT will not be raised, if you are in the amber zone the DVLA will most certainly write to your doctors to see if there are any underlying alcohol problems... try reading these

Attachments

• IMG_1182.PNG
    IMG_1182.PNG
    139 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1183.PNG
    IMG_1183.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1184.PNG
    IMG_1184.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for that and sorry to be a pain in the case of me coming into amber and after DVLA speaking to doctor and doctor having no concern. Is this when a temporary licence is issued thank you so much

I'm not 100% sure what makes the dvla decide to issue a temporary licence I am in the middle of the process myself and there was no offence committed just me telling a doctor I drank 30 units a week and they revoked my license but a temporary license can run from 1/5 years if they have concerns

I'm not 100% sure what makes the dvla decide to issue a temporary licence I am in the middle of the process myself and there was no offence committed just me telling a doctor I drank 30 units a week and they revoked my license but a temporary license can run from 1/5 years if they have concerns
Oh did you get a low CDT ? How long you got to wait now? I've never been doctors for anything like that, I probably drink 30 units a month but in 2 goes. They class it as a "binge" I wouldn't. Won't be drinking now and have only 23 days to go. Just bad if that takes me over CDT level

I abstained for 2 months with a CDT of 0.8 done 6 months off the road for alcohol abuse as is required waiting now for my medical evidence from my doctors to be sent back to dvla, and in all fairness to the dvla they have sent a reminder to the doctors to hurry them up, altogether it's been 9 months so far...

Did your doctor have any evidence of liver damage in order to revoke your licence or was the revocation just based upon
your admission of drinking 30 units per week?

Hi Jim no liver damage but I had an elevated ggt and the first round of the medical questionnaire my doctor ticked yes to alcohol misuse, did abstain then for 3 months so my liver function was back to normal

Think it says on my letter they will consider an application from me when I can provide 6 months of controlled drinking and where appropriate my blood markers (liver function test) has returned to normal... all a bit complicated I have a class two hgv and was bringing it back to use after 11 years, obviously when they investigated they revoked my car license, worst thing I've ever done in my life was chase up my hgv guess I've learned the hard way...

I had a 1yr revokation ban ordinary licence & 3yrs for my HGV kept in touch with my GP so getting licence back was very straight forward in the end I thought I would have to present myself Infront of traffic commisioner?
But it was a simple letter with my intentions to drive HGV again

Just to chip in
You can be classed HRO for misuse/Dependency Alcohol I've been there
Yep I’m one of those. Never a drink driver but I lost my licence purely on the say so of a nasty doctor who told the Dvla so I lost my licence 2 1/2 years ago, I’m currently going through my 3rd licence renewal since then ?

Did they issue you a temporary licence to begin with(1year) trying to work out what they got in store for me and if so do you attend a medical on each renewal, not sure whether to chase up the hgv hard enough trying to get the D1 back?

Did they issue you a temporary licence to begin with(1year) trying to work out what they got in store for me and if so do you attend a medical on each renewal, not sure whether to chase up the hgv hard enough trying to get the D1 back?
I got a one year licence then another 1 year licence and the questions are with my gp at the moment, the probably a medical for cdt test again. I’ve never had to pay for a medical

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off