Short Term Medical License X2

Convicted Driver Insurance

Aron10

Well Known Member
Hi All
So after another monumental battle, the quill pushers have given me another 1 yr license .TBH its been a bit of an anticlimax. I'm not jumping up and down with joy cause this mob have taken me to the limit.

I've had to enlist the help of my MP who's been very helpful though guided by me as to the 'Intrinsic' views of our Civil service!

AKA DVLA I'm of the opinion that there's gonna be a day of reckoning for this mob ,there's Grant Shapps has asked for answers but didn't he already Know ?

Firsttly, How long was your ban and how much over the limit were you? So this is your second yearly license? I take it you passed both medical tests on the first go?

Firsttly, How long was your ban and how much over the limit were you? So this is your second yearly license? I take it you passed both medical tests on the first go?
Correct and I've never been baned drink drive. Look at my timeline

I had to do 5 medicals, (was getting a 5, 1 year license) - last month I got my Full license back. Just to give you my story.

Hi All
So after another monumental battle, the quill pushers have given me another 1 yr license .TBH its been a bit of an anticlimax. I'm not jumping up and down with joy cause this mob have taken me to the limit.

I've had to enlist the help of my MP who's been very helpful though guided by me as to the 'Intrinsic' views of our Civil service!

AKA DVLA I'm of the opinion that there's gonna be a day of reckoning for this mob ,there's Grant Shapps has asked for answers but didn't he already Know ?
"Quill pushers" Am non DVLA approved deceased laughing

Hello,

I got a 1 year licence after a 20 month ban last year, expires 18/05 this year.
I am a HRO as i refused to provide a sample.
Am i still able to drive whilst my application is with the DVLA? I would assume they will make me go through a medical again as they did last year and probably issue me with another 1 year licence (I haven't had a drink for almost 3 years now, so I'm not concerned with medical results) but i am concerned that I'm not allowed to drive come the 18th & have to wait months whilst they process my re-application?

Hello,

I got a 1 year licence after a 20 month ban last year, expires 18/05 this year.
I am a HRO as i refused to provide a sample.
Am i still able to drive whilst my application is with the DVLA? I would assume they will make me go through a medical again as they did last year and probably issue me with another 1 year licence (I haven't had a drink for almost 3 years now, so I'm not concerned with medical results) but i am concerned that I'm not allowed to drive come the 18th & have to wait months whilst they process my re-application?

Provided that nothing has changed in your health/medical situation that would affect your ability to drive, yes you are allowed to drive under Section 88. You effectively ceased to be HRO when your one year license was issued.

I’m in the same situation as you and was categorically told this by a DVLA medical team member over the phone. Also asked for it in writing; that letter (along with the time and date of the call written on it) now lives in my glovebox while the wait continues.

Provided that nothing has changed in your health/medical situation that would affect your ability to drive, yes you are allowed to drive under Section 88. You effectively ceased to be HRO when your one year license was issued.

I’m in the same situation as you and was categorically told this by a DVLA medical team member over the phone. Also asked for it in writing; that letter (along with the time and date of the call written on it) now lives in my glovebox while the wait continues.
Thank you. That’s really useful, I should get onto them & also get something sent out in writing.

Out of interest, on your re-application did you select the option to renew your licence - for medical reasons or the option where it states because I was disqualified?

I was slightly confused as this was based of an original disqualification, but now we have moved into the medical area?

I think that also questions what amount is paid, it’s either free to reapply if medical, or £90 for yet another reapplication because of the disqualification?

I’m just hoping I’ve selected the right options.

Thank you. That’s really useful, I should get onto them & also get something sent out in writing.

Out of interest, on your re-application did you select the option to renew your licence - for medical reasons or the option where it states because I was disqualified?

I was slightly confused as this was based of an original disqualification, but now we have moved into the medical area?

I think that also questions what amount is paid, it’s either free to reapply if medical, or £90 for yet another reapplication because of the disqualification?

I’m just hoping I’ve selected the right options.

Pretty sure I put renewal for medical reasons, which was the right option. But this time there is no fee to pay - the DVLA cover the cost of the medical should you need one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off