Short term license

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Hello again,a couple of questions that I would like to ask,Have any members been on a short term license from previous alcohol misuse or dependency, and if so what do you have to do medically to fulfill the criteria whilst on it,ie. regular blood tests,or a blood test towards the end of the term,and secondary how long of a window do you have for applying for your second medical?

Abstinence for life is a pretty hard pill to swallow for many including myself,and I also am aware of the implications of not being honest on your application.

So for an example (I'm waiting for my first medical,no alcohol for a while now so will will not concern myself on that) but decide to have a couple of beers infrequently, and I'm sure other offenders may be thinking the same...then towards the time of renewal stop again to pass the medical,or is a medical not required?

Opinions welcome..a dependency label,when you are able to moderate (not everyone can,I've worked in alcohol services ironically),is unjust in my opinion, yet the law is the law!

Am I asking has anyone cheated,yes!

If you put down your still consuming alcohol after misuse or dependency you will be subject to short term licences for at least 3 years to come.

Hey pal no,I'm not going to do that,because I feel rightly or wrongly that the rules are unjust I'm going to say abstinence and apply the 4 to 8 week,even 12 week rule

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off