seems to be an extra 2 days on my ban, is that normal?

Convicted Driver Insurance
So on 14th feb last year got a ban of 24 months reduced down to 18 after the course, taking it to 14th August this year. Now Dvla website states getting licence back on the 16th August and even says length of ban 18 month and 2 days.
I did phone them and they said the ban ends on the 15th and the cant issue licence till the day after the ban, so 16th is when I can drive. Is this right?

The reduction in your ban is a MAX of 25%. Some courts give the full amount, some round it down to 24 weeks rather than 6 months. The only thing that is fixed is that you MUST be given at least a 3 month reduction for completing the course.

just had a look a mine, I was banned 14 feb 2019 for 18 months, did course / 25% reduction = 13,5 months, I estimated 30 march 2020, confirmed this with ttc groups online calculator, had a look at dvla licence check it states 9th of april 2020, am I missing something hear besides me licence

Last edited:
like myself, I got banned for 40 months on the 22nd June 2017, did the course which equalled a ban reducing to 30 months, I calculated that I would get my licence back on the 22nd December 2019, checked on the dvla site and its saying the 15th of January 2020

Some courts says 25% which is 10 months and come courts says 40 months reduction of 40 weeks. in your case it looks like the latter one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off