Section 88

Convicted Driver Insurance
Anybody know my section 88 is about to run out ( February 9th ) I’m about to send forms in D1 to allow the 88 to continue, had a medical at my own doctors dvla sent me to but no bloods on 30th December thought on home straight now but no , now just been sent another letter to have another dvla medical and bloods this time at a different doctors , why is it so hard this time to renew? it’s never ending.
But my question is , Is it from when they receive the form I’m covered from or is it when scanned on the system

Actually is it a D1 I fill in or is it another one I’m confused ran on section 88 before but it’s never ran out this is a 1st for me

Thanks

Anybody know my section 88 is about to run out ( February 9th ) I’m about to send forms in D1 to allow the 88 to continue, had a medical at my own doctors dvla sent me to but no bloods on 30th December thought on home straight now but no , now just been sent another letter to have another dvla medical and bloods this time at a different doctors , why is it so hard this time to renew? it’s never ending.
But my question is , Is it from when they receive the form I’m covered from or is it when scanned on the system

When I was 9 months into using S.88, I posted another D1 via recorded delivery to 'renew' the licence application if it went beyond the 12 months. Once you have taken positive steps to progress the licence process and your GP has raised no concerns about you driving, you can still drive under S.88.

CJ

When I was 9 months into using S.88, I posted another D1 via recorded delivery to 'renew' the licence application if it went beyond the 12 months. Once you have taken positive steps to progress the licence process and your GP has raised no concerns about you driving, you can still drive under S.88.

CJ
Thanks
I sent the D1 yesterday got the tracking number so that should arrive today , defo no concerns my dr , or the dr who did the 1st medical in December, i very rarely drink now only on holiday when cars parked up for a few days and I only have 1 @ 2units , ( I’ve told them this the last 3 x renewals nothing changed.
Rang doctors yesterday who will be conducting medical ( I knew paperwork wouldn’t of arrived yet but thought o well let’s just see ) but I’ve been told even when paperwork does arrive I carnt just ring up and book an appointment it doesn’t work like that here , I will go on a waiting list and there a lot before me they will contact me , I said it will be within the 12 weeks dvla require it in , and she said no guarantees and no likely there’s a lot of people before me where an nhs doctor them patients take priority ! So where do I stand now , they won’t make an appointment and they carnt guarantee if be done in 12 weeks !

O Great, how long does it take dvla to receive a form ? section 88 runs out at midnight So I’m off the road at end of the day , I know they received the new D1 on 25th January but it’s not the system , now I’ve got to figure out how to get my special needs kid 14 miles away and back when she carnt travel on a bus or a train , I don’t know what dvla are playing at this renewal but it’s seriously ping me off and watching everyone eles posts I’m expecting them to revoke at the end of it cus I carnt produce recent lft’s cus my doctors will not do it unless there’s a clinical need I’ve literally begged they won’t do it , how many obstacles do they want to put , it’s my 4th renewal and it’s never been this hard to complete !

Sorry rant over

O Great, how long does it take dvla to receive a form ? section 88 runs out at midnight So I’m off the road at end of the day , I know they received the new D1 on 25th January but it’s not the system , now I’ve got to figure out how to get my special needs kid 14 miles away and back when she carnt travel on a bus or a train , I don’t know what dvla are playing at this renewal but it’s seriously ping me off and watching everyone eles posts I’m expecting them to revoke at the end of it cus I carnt produce recent lft’s cus my doctors will not do it unless there’s a clinical need I’ve literally begged they won’t do it , how many obstacles do they want to put , it’s my 4th renewal and it’s never been this hard to complete !

Sorry rant over
Normally once they get the form it takes up to 3 weeks to scan it onto the system. No wonder people take chances driving with this shite

CJ
Hiya again, I've been sent letter to say they are writing to my gp.my question is with s88 they have sent me the criteria fir being able to drive under s88 and on the letter it says you can't drive under s88 if you were disqualified after June 2013 as an hro?? I'm confused as dvla told me I could drive as long as my gp agrees I'm fit to?? Have I misunderstood the letter . I was disqualified in 2015 as hro .
Any feedback would be much appreciated x

Hiya again, I've been sent letter to say they are writing to my gp.my question is with s88 they have sent me the criteria fir being able to drive under s88 and on the letter it says you can't drive under s88 if you were disqualified after June 2013 as an hro?? I'm confused as dvla told me I could drive as long as my gp agrees I'm fit to?? Have I misunderstood the letter . I was disqualified in 2015 as hro .
Any feedback would be much appreciated x
Are you renewing an existing 1 year medical licence

Thankyou so much. Thought I'd better ask oll only have yet another sleepless night.
Yes section 88 applies to a valid licence that is about to expire or if you surrendered your licence to Dvla under medical conditions and have been classed as “fit to drive” so long as they have your D1 application….

I was at dicyirs Friday and he said he was happy fir me to drive and had no concerns, I didn't get a cover letter off him though. I'll ring tomorrow and ask fir one .thanks again x
Some will not give a letter if that proves the case ask it to be noted on your medical records for future ref. You could get a locum doctor down the line if its documented then its fine.

The letter they send is misleading. If you got a license back - even if only 1 year - you then ceased to be HRO. I had more than one DVLA person tell me this over the phone (recorded for training and monitoring purposes works both ways…).

FWIW I drove around on Section 88 for a year before getting full license back. It sucks, but makes little practical difference. You can still drive, so enjoy driving. As long as nothing has changed medically, and this can be proven if needs be, there is little point bothering a doctor for a letter that isn’t necessary.

Section 88 only applies to a valid licence that has expired or if you surrendered your licence on medical grounds, in this case whilst you are classed medically fit by your Gp you can drive on section 88 provided that your D1 application form has reached the Dvla in both cases ….

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off