Section 88,is it outdaded??

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Hi,if anyone has read my posts you will know my GP will not offer confirmation or opinion of weather fit to drive or not,I've been in 3 times,the head gp told me it's actually against the law and must be carried out by a dvla approved doctor for a section 88 as it's a dvla matter...he said I could do that for you in 5 minuits but I'm not allowed....
I said is it this practice,he said no,any practice,unless written to by DVLA..
He also added DVLA never write to the surgery,and after explaining all this to the nice receptionist at DVLA medical team was advised the onus is on me,due to the backlog,and if they feel the need to contact my gp they will,so not to worry about it...Advice?

Hi,if anyone has read my posts you will know my GP will not offer confirmation or opinion of weather fit to drive or not,I've been in 3 times,the head gp told me it's actually against the law and must be carried out by a dvla approved doctor for a section 88 as it's a dvla matter...he said I could do that for you in 5 minuits but I'm not allowed....
I said is it this practice,he said no,any practice,unless written to by DVLA..
He also added DVLA never write to the surgery,and after explaining all this to the nice receptionist at DVLA medical team was advised the onus is on me,due to the backlog,and if they feel the need to contact my gp they will,so not to worry about it...Advice?

Change GP as yours has absolutely no clue what they are talking about. Either that or they are fobbing you off to avoid liability.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off