Section 88 driving after ban not a high risk offender

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chelsie612

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me. My ban was up on the 3rd may I sent my application to renew my license around 6 weeks ago but due to reduced workforce and not processing all applications I have not received my it. When I view my license online it just says I can now renew my license and that I have no driving entitlement. I managed to speak to someone from dvla who said to me to read up on section 88 to see if I meet the criteria to drive without recieving it but it still doesn't really answer my question. I'm not a high risk offender so I don't need a medical I just need to wait for them to process it they are saying they can't give a timescale to when that will be. With the current situation I could really do with being able to drive to get out for shopping with my 3 young children,but I obviously don't want to drive if the section 88 doesn't apply to me. Thanks

Hi, if you surrendered your licence `voluntarily then you can drive under section 88 with your GPs approval, however NOT being a high risk offender, if you lost your licence through drink drive then unfortunately you will have to wait until DVLA approve your fitness to drive or otherwise, there has been a lot lately posting about section 88 but this will only apply if your last licence was not revoked or banned.......in other words your your current licence has expired.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off