Second time offending..any advice would be great.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Willjoed

Hi. I’m will and I’m 27. So back in 2017 I got behind the wheel drunk police attempted to stop me and I made the stupid mistake of trying to get away long story short I got DR10 (drink driving) DD40 (dangerous driving) I also had no insurance so IN10. I got a 200 hours of community service and a fine and 20 month ban with out the option of getting it reduced. Fast forward to 2020 I got pulled with no insurance again and given 6 points. 2021 we all know lockdown and the state the county has been in the last 14 months. I’m a bricklayer and work all over. During lockdown I was off work for a long time I live with my mother still so living wasn’t a problem but not working messed me up as it did all of us I started drink heavily and not being able to see my partner wasn’t good either. November 23rd 2020 I was using cocaina and unprescribed diazepam stupidly I made the decision again one night after having an argument with my girlfriend and went to pick up more cocaine, I went past police saw them starting a 3 point turn in the road so I went left down a back road they were around 300 to 400 behind me so a good distance. I attempted to drive quicker down the road to get away again I hit a wall and flipped my car.( I’m telling you all the details so you get a good picture of what’s happened) the police were soon behind me. They breathalysed me and swabbed me they took my to the hospital for bloods then took me home saying I would hear in the post. In this time I haven’t been driving Iv been in and out of work spent all my savings because of lack of income and 5 months and over 3 weeks I get a letter with the results I’d hadn't been driving because I thought there was no point I thought I’d gotten away with it so 2 weeks ago just before I got the letter I insured i car and found work in Liverpool I live near Manchester. My alachol over was 113 milligrams of 100 milligrams of blood and the drug that was found was benzoylecgonine and that was 378ug/L I’m not sure on the limits of that I know it’s over though. Iv been seeking council from a CGL a drink group and doing zoom meetings ect. Iv spoken to 3 Soliciters and they’ve all said 3 years minimum bad. I know Iv done wrong again and I’m aware of my behaviour and why I did it Iv not touched cocaine or diazepam since and have cut massively down on my drinking with support of the CGL and my girlfriend. Is there anyway I can reduce the 3 years as I will lose my job where I’m working now I’m self employed and am meant to be moving in with my partner she’s getting a mortgage. Is there anyway a good Soliciter can but any of this into account I’m not expecting get away with it by no means. The only thing that concerns me is my work they can take my license but without it for so long me and my wage WILL suffer I know I should of thought about that before I did it but I was in a dark place. With no work and little money I’ll just end up back to drinks and drug again. Any help or advice would be great.

Hi. I’m will and I’m 27. So back in 2017 I got behind the wheel drunk police attempted to stop me and I made the stupid mistake of trying to get away long story short I got DR10 (drink driving) DD40 (dangerous driving) I also had no insurance so IN10. I got a 200 hours of community service and a fine and 20 month ban with out the option of getting it reduced. Fast forward to 2020 I got pulled with no insurance again and given 6 points. 2021 we all know lockdown and the state the county has been in the last 14 months. I’m a bricklayer and work all over. During lockdown I was off work for a long time I live with my mother still so living wasn’t a problem but not working messed me up as it did all of us I started drink heavily and not being able to see my partner wasn’t good either. November 23rd 2020 I was using cocaina and unprescribed diazepam stupidly I made the decision again one night after having an argument with my girlfriend and went to pick up more cocaine, I went past police saw them starting a 3 point turn in the road so I went left down a back road they were around 300 to 400 behind me so a good distance. I attempted to drive quicker down the road to get away again I hit a wall and flipped my car.( I’m telling you all the details so you get a good picture of what’s happened) the police were soon behind me. They breathalysed me and swabbed me they took my to the hospital for bloods then took me home saying I would hear in the post. In this time I haven’t been driving Iv been in and out of work spent all my savings because of lack of income and 5 months and over 3 weeks I get a letter with the results I’d hadn't been driving because I thought there was no point I thought I’d gotten away with it so 2 weeks ago just before I got the letter I insured i car and found work in Liverpool I live near Manchester. My alachol over was 113 milligrams of 100 milligrams of blood and the drug that was found was benzoylecgonine and that was 378ug/L I’m not sure on the limits of that I know it’s over though. Iv been seeking council from a CGL a drink group and doing zoom meetings ect. Iv spoken to 3 Soliciters and they’ve all said 3 years minimum bad. I know Iv done wrong again and I’m aware of my behaviour and why I did it Iv not touched cocaine or diazepam since and have cut massively down on my drinking with support of the CGL and my girlfriend. Is there anyway I can reduce the 3 years as I will lose my job where I’m working now I’m self employed and am meant to be moving in with my partner she’s getting a mortgage. Is there anyway a good Soliciter can but any of this into account I’m not expecting get away with it by no means. The only thing that concerns me is my work they can take my license but without it for so long me and my wage WILL suffer I know I should of thought about that before I did it but I was in a dark place. With no work and little money I’ll just end up back to drinks and drug again. Any help or advice would be great.
I don’t mean to be negative, but I’ll be realistic about what to expect in your situation. You are facing 3 years minimum of a ban. I very much doubt the magistrate is going to impose the minimum ban with the circumstances of this offence coupled with your previous offence being a DR10, DD40, IN10 incident with a further IN10 since.

With your previous offences plus this incident being a drink and drug driving incident along with another crash puts you in a poor position. I would be instructing a local solicitor to take your case on and presenting to the judge that you are engaging with addiction services. When I was caught I went to rehab and my life is completely different now than what it was when I was offending, something to seriously consider if you feel like you are going to fall back into a life of drink and drugs without your licence. Best of luck with your journey, please consider getting additional help.

Oh dear, you are heading for big problems!
benzoylecgonine has a legal limit of 50ug/L so you were 7 times the limit
The solicitors are right that the minimum for 2 drink drive convictions in 10 years is a 3 year ban, there is no option (unless they offer you a drink Drive Rehabilitation Course which could reduce it by up to 25% if you complete it. (It wasn’t offered in 2017 because with dangerous driving you cannot have the ban reduced)
With the added aggravation of the drugs reading I would expect you to get more like 3.5 - 4 year ban.

Did you sit an extended test at the end of your ban? That would have been a requirement because you were convicted of dangerous driving. If not, then you have been driving without a licence.

Oh dear, you are heading for big problems!
benzoylecgonine has a legal limit of 50ug/L so you were 7 times the limit
The solicitors are right that the minimum for 2 drink drive convictions in 10 years is a 3 year ban, there is no option (unless they offer you a drink Drive Rehabilitation Course which could reduce it by up to 25% if you complete it. (It wasn’t offered in 2017 because with dangerous driving you cannot have the ban reduced)
With the added aggravation of the drugs reading I would expect you to get more like 3.5 - 4 year ban.

Did you sit an extended test at the end of your ban? That would have been a requirement because you were convicted of dangerous driving. If not, then you have been driving without a licence.
Yes I did sit an extended test I had to retake my test at the end of the ban and it was slight longer than a normal test

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off