Second licence after a year

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Hi,what happens when your license is due to be renewed due to having a 1 year license?
Are you still allowed to drive until dvla contact you for another medical?
Many thanks,chrism2800

@chrism2800 , look at the posts that mention Section 88 or S88. It will explain further rather than just repeat what is already posted numerous times.

Hi,as an hro after 2013 I'm still unsure if I'm entitled to drive on a section 88,can anyone elaborate?
You were not disqualified as a high risk offender on or after 1 June 2013 (a high risk offender is a driver convicted of a serious drink driving offence)

Thats the part that explains it .unfortunately you cannot drive unders88 until you get your licence back

Hi,as an hro after 2013 I'm still unsure if I'm entitled to drive on a section 88,can anyone elaborate?
You ARE entitled to drive under S88, BUT you have to satisfy the requirements:
You are indicating that you WERE a HRO, then got your licence back on a 1 year basis almost a year ago….
If this is correct then S88 Does apply providing you have submitted an application which has been received by DVLA and is correct, plus that your doctor is happy with you continuing to drive.
IT is not allowed to drive under S88 when the first year is up without having submitted an application as above, it is not a continuous process unless you comply with the requirements.

You ARE entitled to drive under S88, BUT you have to satisfy the requirements:
You are indicating that you WERE a HRO, then got your licence back on a 1 year basis almost a year ago….
If this is correct then S88 Does apply providing you have submitted an application which has been received by DVLA and is correct, plus that your doctor is happy with you continuing to drive.
IT is not allowed to drive under S88 when the first year is up without having submitted an application as above, it is not a continuous process unless you comply with the requirements.
Are dvla still sending out forms to reapply 90 days or thereabouts before renewal and subsequent medical?
Many thanks,Chrism2800

Are dvla still sending out forms to reapply 90 days or thereabouts before renewal and subsequent medical?
Many thanks,Chrism2800
Easy answer: MAYBE !!
I would not rely on the D27 coming from DVLA, get a D1 from the post office and submit it 90 days before.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off