Second blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all , does anyone know how long you have to book another blood test,results came back with sample haemolysed thanks

Wonkeydonkey

It hasn't happened to me, but I believe the DVLA usually get you back to give another blood sample ASAP.

Generally, if someone has attended a medical appointment and given a blood sample that has been compromised, they usually get a phone call from Swansea to get a swift appointment booked in with the DVLA doctor.

Have you recently attended your HRO medical after reaching the end of your ban?

CJ

Wonkeydonkey

It hasn't happened to me, but I believe the DVLA usually get you back to give another blood sample ASAP.

Generally, if someone has attended a medical appointment and given a blood sample that has been compromised, they usually get a phone call from Swansea to get a swift appointment booked in with the DVLA doctor.

Have you recently attended your HRO medical after reaching the end of your ban?

CJ
Hi cj I'm currently driving on a section 88 , I just wondered about how long I have to book as I've got lots more commitments since getting my license back I'm worried about when I'm going to fit it in .

Wonkeydonkey

Have you been notified about the 'bad' blood sample via telephone call or letter from the DVLA?

My understanding is that when the person receives an update to state the blood has been compromised, the DVLA medical team make a further appointment to get you back in to do a second blood test ASAP.

The DVLA should make allowances to fit it around your busy work schedule. I believe some DVLA doctors do in fact hold Saturday surgeries in order to facilitate appointments for drivers working in the transport industry.

CJ

Wonkeydonkey

Have you been notified about the 'bad' blood sample via telephone call or letter from the DVLA?

My understanding is that when the person receives an update to state the blood has been compromised, the DVLA medical team make a further appointment to get you back in to do a second blood test ASAP.

The DVLA should make allowances to fit it around your busy work schedule. I believe some DVLA doctors do in fact hold Saturday surgeries in order to facilitate appointments for drivers working in the transport industry.

CJ
Cj I was notified by post.

I would be ringing them up (if you can get through!!!!) to get the new blood sample done ASAP.

They should really facilitate you with a new appointment pretty swiftly.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off