Rt88010

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thanks. There is no way I can afford £3,000 but I'm going to try BobbyB
Start by getting the video. Get someone to look at it in a detached way, not full of sympathy for you but just asking the question “does the procedure look reasonable and did you seem to give plausible reasons for not even trying to blow into the breath test machine?”
I would be willing to look at the video and give my opinion on your changes of success if you sent me a link to view it, I have a lot of experience in custody matters and how the breath test procedure should be conducted properly.

Start by getting the video. Get someone to look at it in a detached way, not full of sympathy for you but just asking the question “does the procedure look reasonable and did you seem to give plausible reasons for not even trying to blow into the breath test machine?”
I would be willing to look at the video and give my opinion on your changes of success if you sent me a link to view it, I have a lot of experience in custody matters and how the breath test procedure should be conducted properly.
I really appreciate that. Thank you. My court date is August 12th. Does it take them long to provide the video?

It varies from force to force, but 2-3 weeks is do-able.
If you have not received it by the court date, ask for a adjournment for you to be able to view the video evidence (the duty solicitor will do this for free if he / she is available, and there is no cost for this)

It varies from force to force, but 2-3 weeks is do-able.
If you have not received it by the court date, ask for a adjournment for you to be able to view the video evidence (the duty solicitor will do this for free if he / she is available, and there is no cost for this)
Oh ok. So I will still have to go but ask for the adjournment when there?

Yes, you are bailed to court so you MUST appear

Last edited:
I would post it, so that it’s delivered next day and has to be signed for. Especially if your time schedule before court appearance is so short. Hope they respond soon x

wen you said the officer in charge as the person to address it to did you mean that literally or should I try and find a name?

Just ‘The officer in Charge”
Thanks, I have sent it next day recorded delivery. I am also aware of the importance of mitigation also so I will be getting advice on that. I have also asked my GP for a letter confirming my anxiety disorder etc.

Thanks, I have sent it next day recorded delivery. I am also aware of the importance of mitigation also so I will be getting advice on that. I have also asked my GP for a letter confirming my anxiety disorder etc.
Perhaps you should ask him to be specific about the triggers for your anxiety…. I am sure that the drink drive process would fit the bill, but it would help if he / she can relate it directly to the circumstances you were in.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should ask hi to be specific about the triggers for your anxiety…. I am sure that the drink drive process would fit the bill, but it would help if he / she can relate it directly to the circumstances you were in.
That's a good idea. I will ask for an emergency consultation tomorrow to follow up on my email to them today

Just plead guilty you got caught and why was you asking for citalopram that is a anti-depressant which takes weeks to effect you bizarre

Just plead guilty you got caught and why was you asking for citalopram that is a anti-depressant which takes weeks to effect you bizarre
I really appreciate that. Thank you. My court date is August 12th. Does it take them long to provide the video?
A solicitor will advise, and I’d always defer to the views of Price but I can see why Guygibson expresses this view. I don’t recall if you shared the circumstances of your arrest ( I’m not prying ) , or in fact whether you feel you were unfit to drive? Other than that , as a high risk offender in the event of a conviction, I’d be circumspect re over sharing re mental health etc etc unless advised to do so , for that could open a whole other can of worms.

Who said I wasn't pleading guilty. I am fully aware of what citalopram is as I've been on it for years for anxiety disorder hence the reason I needed to take it! What an unhelpfull post!

Hi just reading the thread. If you have a recurrence go rectal prolapse could it interfere with your ability to drive - ongoing. If you had it Pre getting in the car you would not drive, was it during journey or post at police station that it occurred
Reason I am asking is you could be opening a can of worms as failure to provide my understanding is you will post charging require a medical - but I am sure someone can advise on here
Also think of the press - it could be newsworthy ?? Think of the headlines which sadly is what the press go for
Take advice - sometimes it’s easier just to say little - it’s unlikely to impact on the outcome much
John Price is very sound to advise

Who said I wasn't pleading guilty. I am fully aware of what citalopram is as I've been on it for years for anxiety disorder hence the reason I needed to take it! What an unhelpfull post!
It won’t have been intended as unhelpful, and I too had assumed from your posts that you were exploring the viability of a NG plea. I think I’ve missed some of the thread as i don’t know if you’ve mentioned the circumstances surrounding your arrest . Good luck with it .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off