Revoked

Convicted Driver Insurance
so regular liver function tests and trips to the doc telling him to note I'm alcohol free for a year are key to proving to the dvla?

will the dvla or my doctor have access to my addaction files?

If it was the community addiction team you seen through the NHS then yes the information gathered there is fully available to your GP and in turn the DVLA if they request your medical history from your GP.

Can I just add guys that you need to have a "last alcoholic drink date documented with your GP" otherwise DVLA will not issue a licence without this information and of course this criteria apples to alcohol dependence only......

Reactions: Prg
I've been drinking fairly heavy the last few weeks do you think it's wise to request a liver function test from my doctor now or wait a few weeks then book one every 3 months after with abstinence fromantic alcohol obviously??

If you do have a blood test now and you are showing abnormal blood markers then DVLA will not issue a licence, just to give you some idea (however we are all slightly different) I was drinking roughly 30 units of alcohol per week (this is what got me revoked) fosters lager, my liver function was raised to 170 and it took 3 months for my liver to return to normal with `complete abstination,leave it as long as you can because if DVLA get abnormal blood markers by medical evidence then your revocation `will be extended until you can supply 12 months of liver function test all showing normal, let me just point out it can only take 24hrs to raise your liver function......to answer your question tho wait 3 months if you can then have a blood test, if you are showing abnormal blood markers then there's a strong chance DVLA will put you in the depenedance bracket......

Reactions: Prg
Prg,
You are getting good advice, I know the theory of how things should happen, guys on here have actually been through it and give best advice on what to expect.

Last edited:
Do you think it's a Good idea to get addaction to write a letter to my Doctor to say I've successfully completed the course? or just stick with the 3 monthly liver function tests. The date of last drink from addaction differs from the one on my Doctors file? It drives you to drink all this stress.

Hi all, if and hopefully when I get a one year licence after doing my 3 monthly liver function tests will I have to continually do 3 monthly lfts for the next 6 years or just the annual dvla medical and perhaps a visit to the doctor when renewal is due to state I'm alcohol free for when the dvla write to my GPS?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off