RESULTS

Convicted Driver Insurance

jonesy69

I had my medical and blood test on the 22 nd of February and still havent heard the results the DVLA have confirmed receipt but cant give me a timescale when i should hear does anyone know what timescale i should expect to hear in ?? so difficult to contact them by phone and they wont respond by e mail

Bearing in mind your previous fail with a CDT score of 4.6%, I think you can be certain that DVLA will contact your GP no matter what your CDT score is this time.
Check with your GP to see if they have had a medical form to fill out from DVLA and if they have completed it.

Bearing in mind your previous fail with a CDT score of 4.6%, I think you can be certain that DVLA will contact your GP no matter what your CDT score is this time.
Check with your GP to see if they have had a medical form to fill out from DVLA and if they have completed it.
I did check with the G P and they haven't written to them

That is one of the highest i have read on here

Keep trying by phone. 8am or just before they close.....
Hi price I had a fail in 2016 with a cdt score of 2.8% and did a Medical yesterday after abstaining from alcohol for 16 weeks. Do you think the DVLA will contact my gp before my licence is issued? Thanks

Almost certainly
Really? The cdt cut off is 2.2% which i thought might if anything indicate misuse so I went 4 months sober out of the 6 months. And they will “almost certainly” contact my gp? What criteria do you know of if any mate? And lengths added to waiting times etc cheers

Really? The cdt cut off is 2.2% which i thought might if anything indicate misuse so I went 4 months sober out of the 6 months. And they will “almost certainly” contact my gp? What criteria do you know of if any mate? And lengths added to waiting times etc cheers
You failed last time with a high reading and classed as HRO

A %CDT result below 1.7 suggests no recent excess alcohol intake.

A %CDT level result between 1.7 and 2.2 suggests recent excess alcohol intake.

A %CDT level result between 2.3 and 2.9 indicates regular
heavy amounts of alcohol consumption and can be an indication of increasing risk or higher risk drinking.

A %CDT result of 3 or more indicates regular excess amounts of alcohol consumption and can indicate alcohol dependence.

The above is so called the traffic light system, if they allow you to drive or not or if they ask questions to your doctor for more information. I put NO to everything on the questionaire.

Now here's the rub for you all, on the actual medical test by SYNLAB it states this, i think this is VERY important for all on here:

Classic CDT (%)
DVLA Green <1.3
DVLA Amber 1.3 - 1.6
DVLA Red >1.7

You failed last time with a high reading and classed as HRO

A %CDT result below 1.7 suggests no recent excess alcohol intake.

A %CDT level result between 1.7 and 2.2 suggests recent excess alcohol intake.

A %CDT level result between 2.3 and 2.9 indicates regular
heavy amounts of alcohol consumption and can be an indication of increasing risk or higher risk drinking.

A %CDT result of 3 or more indicates regular excess amounts of alcohol consumption and can indicate alcohol dependence.

The above is so called the traffic light system, if they allow you to drive or not or if they ask questions to your doctor for more information. I put NO to everything on the questionaire.

Now here's the rub for you all, on the actual medical test by SYNLAB it states this, i think this is VERY important for all on here:

Classic CDT (%)
DVLA Green <1.3
DVLA Amber 1.3 - 1.6
DVLA Red >1.7
Ok mate, but would this not mean that my cdt result this time around would be indicative of weather or not they contact my gp tho? If my cdt is lower then 1.6% which I’m pretty sure it will abstaining for 4 months then wouldn’t that mean my would be re issued to me? Bearing in mind the cdt of 2.8% was in 2016 5 years ago. Cheers

Ok mate, but would this not mean that my cdt result this time around would be indicative of weather or not they contact my gp tho? If my cdt is lower then 1.6% which I’m pretty sure it will abstaining for 4 months then wouldn’t that mean my would be re issued to me? Bearing in mind the cdt of 2.8% was in 2016 5 years ago. Cheers
Even a low reading of 0.9 they will most likely contact your GP. Its for you to prove that your safe to hold a driving licence and they will check almost certain. Fact you were so high last time ruled the need out to contact your GP. Have you spoken with the doctor over the last year and got them onside and do you have anything on your medical records relating to alcohol misuse.

Even a low reading of 0.9 they will most likely contact your GP. Its for you to prove that your safe to hold a driving licence and they will check almost certain. Fact you were so high last time ruled the need out to contact your GP. Have you spoken with the doctor over the last year and got them onside and do you have anything on your medical records relating to alcohol misuse.
Ok I’ll bear it in mind and I speak to the doctors maybe twice a month due to my asthma but during covid it’s been a multitude of doctors never the same one. I’ve got nothing about any alcohol misuse on my record as far as I am aware, in March 2018 my mum died and I had broken my elbow at that point I mentioned I’d had a few pints more then I usually had due to feeling down. But I don’t think that’s dependency or misuse I mean since I failed the cdt in 2016 I don’t drink much anymore, anyway. Few pints on the weekends with the football etc. Is this reason to worry? I mean I thought abstaining for 16 weeks was enough to get my licence back I didn’t expect there to be more hurdles. I got banned in 2014. This is my 7th year off the road and am getting a bit impatient with it all. Doesn’t seem fair to be honest being able to keep people banned for so long

Ok I’ll bear it in mind and I speak to the doctors maybe twice a month due to my asthma but during covid it’s been a multitude of doctors never the same one. I’ve got nothing about any alcohol misuse on my record as far as I am aware, in March 2018 my mum died and I had broken my elbow at that point I mentioned I’d had a few pints more then I usually had due to feeling down. But I don’t think that’s dependency or misuse I mean since I failed the cdt in 2016 I don’t drink much anymore, anyway. Few pints on the weekends with the football etc. Is this reason to worry? I mean I thought abstaining for 16 weeks was enough to get my licence back I didn’t expect there to be more hurdles. I got banned in 2014. This is my 7th year off the road and am getting a bit impatient with it all. Doesn’t seem fair to be honest being able to keep people banned for so long
Over 7 years myself but mostly my own choice. Only time will tell now what the dvla decide but expect them to contact your GP and ask if any passed issues with alcohol and if GP confirms no past history and CDT levels are low then you should be granted your licence

Over 7 years myself but mostly my own choice. Only time will tell now what the dvla decide but expect them to contact your GP and ask if any passed issues with alcohol and if GP confirms no past history and CDT levels are low then you should be granted your licence
Ok chippy thanks or your information mate I mean it’s a who got the best guess game at the moment I reckon, I see people with higher cdts getting there licences and low cdts getting investigated it’s got to be pot luck if anything. I mean the stress of the waiting is the killer here, but with the information I’ve given you do you think I’ll get my licence back this time around mate? Loose my job if I’m not able to drive myself to building sites after April hence my worry and I know it’s a 21 day wait to hear the results before they contact GP if they do contact them

Ok chippy thanks or your information mate I mean it’s a who got the best guess game at the moment I reckon, I see people with higher cdts getting there licences and low cdts getting investigated it’s got to be pot luck if anything. I mean the stress of the waiting is the killer here, but with the information I’ve given you do you think I’ll get my licence back this time around mate? Loose my job if I’m not able to drive myself to building sites after April hence my worry and I know it’s a 21 day wait to hear the results before they contact GP if they do contact them
I cannot answer your question i am afraid. Yes its a killer waiting but i myself are in the same boat

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off