Response time to DVLA formal complaint

Convicted Driver Insurance

RSC

Established Member
Drums fingers while saying grrrrrr. DVLA has had my PO(!) and completed forms since early Feb (signed for). Am HRO - Ban removed early in late Jan. Made a formal complaint on May 26 Response was a case reference number (guess that is a vague form of moving the sluggish queue) and to wait while "we consider the information and it may take us longer than usual". Aaaaghhhhhhhh.

Well, well, well. After FOUR months, finally have a medical appointment letter. Reference number is the same as the one sent TWO months ago, incorrectly saying my ban wasn't up. Ban removed late Jan, formal complaint received late May. Hmmmmmm To add to the irony, suggestions of acceptable photographic ID - "new style photo-card driving licence".

Well, well, well. After FOUR months, finally have a medical appointment letter. Reference number is the same as the one sent TWO months ago, incorrectly saying my ban wasn't up. Ban removed late Jan, formal complaint received late May. Hmmmmmm To add to the irony, suggestions of acceptable photographic ID - "new style photo-card driving licence".
Do keep us updated !! I posted yesterday that they’ve finally written to me telling me they need to write to my GP and that their subsequent decision making « would take some time ». That goes without saying !!!!!!

Reactions: RSC
Do keep us updated !! I posted yesterday that they’ve finally written to me telling me they need to write to my GP and that their subsequent decision making « would take some time ». That goes without saying !!!!!!
At this snails pace rate, the DVLA will still be "taking a longer time than usual" to process everything so I could have saved myself £££. I will guarantee the Drs details they have BELATEDLY sent me won't have any vacancies for months. And so it goes on............. :)ROFLMAO::rolleyes:There may be an update at 8.15am on Monday)

At this snails pace rate, the DVLA will still be "taking a longer time than usual" to process everything so I could have saved myself £££. I will guarantee the Drs details they have BELATEDLY sent me won't have any vacancies for months. And so it goes on............. :)ROFLMAO::rolleyes:There may be an update at 8.15am on Monday)
I have still not heard anything about a medical i submitted my application in January received a letter saying they had contacted my GP. My GP has yet to receive. It is a never ending saga 😤

I have still not heard anything about a medical i submitted my application in January received a letter saying they had contacted my GP. My GP has yet to receive. It is a never ending saga 😤
Tad confused Nothing to you about a medical appt but have already been in contact (allegedly) with your GP?

I’d like to know what ROFLMAO means 😂. I had to wait 4 weeks for the medical . Not too bad ( cf DVLA it’s was at lightening speed) . Medical provider was efficient but it took DVLA 4 weeks to get his completed questionnaire on system . 🐌

I’d like to know what ROFLMAO means 😂. I had to wait 4 weeks for the medical . Not too bad ( cf DVLA it’s was at lightening speed) . Medical provider was efficient but it took DVLA 4 weeks to get his completed questionnaire on system . 🐌
So, coughs politely, how are you doing driving (legally of course) now?

I had my licensed refused last year, I had to prove 1 year abstinent.
I know they are on strike and don’t answer the phones anyway , and also have a massive backlog of mail , but is it worth sending them a recorded delivery letter ? This MAY prompt some action ? It’s not just that you are experiencing this delay .

I know they are on strike and don’t answer the phones anyway , and also have a massive backlog of mail , but is it worth sending them a recorded delivery letter ? This MAY prompt some action ? It’s not just that you are experiencing this delay .

Recorded delivery letters dealt with exactly the same as non registered post, just put to bottom of pile to deal with when they get to it.

Recorded delivery letters dealt with exactly the same as non registered post, just put to bottom of pile to deal with when they get to it.
Quite correct . However if a complaint was subsequently raised the proof of delivery could be useful .

Can't see how having a date of delivery to an office with 6,000 people in and thousands of backlogged correspondence will help in any way...
Well I wasn’t addressing the suggestion to you , and the person who I suggested it to can ignore it, which you perhaps might best have done in the first instance

Well I wasn’t addressing the suggestion to you , and the person who I suggested it to can ignore it, which you perhaps might best have done in the first instance

When I was dealing with them in 2019 I recorded everything I sent them, it made no difference and they couldn’t check because they were in the same mail opening piles as non-recorded mail.

When checking the signatures on the tracking they weren’t signed by a person, they were just signed as DVLA.

When I was dealing with them in 2019 I recorded everything I sent them, it made no difference and they couldn’t check because they were in the same mail opening piles as non-recorded mail.

When checking the signatures on the tracking they weren’t signed by a person, they were just signed as DVLA.
Yes exactly right . I can imagine . However on occasions they say things have never arrived when they have and for whatever good it may do ( possibly none) some people just find it helpful to know their correspondence has at least been delivered . The person I raised the possible suggestion with has suffered a totally unacceptable delay which is so stressful, so I was simply sharing what I might ( and do) do .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off