Replying for driving licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

N78

Hi there
My partner’s disqualification ended in May last year. It was a second offence so he had to have a blood test before. There was an initial delay on his part where he had to cancel the first blood test on medical advice because of a concussion (he still had to pay for it).
he had the blood test at the end of October and they then wrote and said they needed a medical report from his GP because he had ticked the box saying he had mental health issues (he suffers from minor anxiety and depression is not on any medication or treatment but though safest to declare) the GP took 3 weeks to respond so this didn’t get sent until January. Then the DVLA asked him to go for a medical assessment and this took place at the beginning of Feb. His GP said he was silly to have ticked the box and everything was fine and responded to the DVLA accordingly. A month later and he called the DVLA today to say he’s not heard anything and when could he expect his licence. They have now stated they want a urine sample to test for drugs. This just feels like time wasting to me. He is self employed and it’s costing him at least £1,000 a month in loss of income. Is this reasonable and do we have any recourse for this piecemeal process that’s so far cost over £5,000 in loss of income?

I understand your frustration but the best thing you can do for now is keep doing as they ask. You can ask the Court to intervene by lodging an appeal but unless you have been refused by the DVLA that would be the more difficult and more expensive way of going about it. My advice would be to keep going as you have been although I completely understand the frustration.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I thought you’d probably say that but yes it’s frustrating!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off