Reasons for not driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

ness

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can say to people for all of a sudden not driving?

I have just been banned for 36 months and I have told my family but really don't want to be the main topic of conversation in the playground where my daughters go to school.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

You will find that nobody will question it until it comes to direct situations like "can you possibly pick me up for something". I've got by simply humouring the fact that my wife needs the experiance and I let her drive. I've actually blamed alchohol on numerous occasions, which is very ironic - "Feeling a bit rough after that drink last night".

I have also used the reason of keeping fit and/or saving money by walking and for a year there cycling to work, but may not fit your situation (kids going to school etc) - I can use that as my work is only 3.5 miles away and a good hours walk.

I'm 25 months through my 36 month ban and have managed to hide it from the majority of my family and friends - so good luck, Bond, and choose your new identity wisely!

Hi, thanks so much for replying. I'm dreading going to the school and people questioning why I'm not driving, I suppose I'll have a long time to think of excuses. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Perhaps "I've got a medical problem that means I can't drive at the moment" would do? If anyone presses you for more details something like "It's all a bit complicated to explain but I'm hoping I will get sorted out eventually" would be sufficient. They'd have to be pretty rude to persist if you made it clear you didn't really want to talk about it.

Hi, thanks for replying. I did think of that one.... I think it may be the may to go. God what a nightmare this is!!!

I lied my way through my ban. It really does depend on your life circumstances. I took the line that my car was off the road, needed major repairs and the cost of the repairs meant it wasn't worth getting it done.

That line works best if nobody else uses the car. I had a family member who used the car semi-regularly and there was a couple of alarming moments when my cover could have been blown with the car being mysteriously gone from the driveway. I learnt to stay cool under pressure :cool:. Good luck ness and I wish you a speedy 36 months. With that length of a ban, the medical condition seems like a good suggestion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off