really need some help unsure what to do DVLA medical . second HRO offence do they always contact GP really stressed

Convicted Driver Insurance

LucyLucy

hi again , this is my second offence I've received medichecks kit today well yesterday and get it tomorrow, I got my ban reduced by a couple of months its ended but I went to ask for this , I presented a case that said (wrote myself) in short I had taken responsibility for my offence and drinking I stated that although I did not think I was addicted to alcohol I felt I had misused it on occasion and that I had paid privately for a retreat that helped with addiction but predominantly a get your life back course , had a really good reference from them for court which also stated I am alcohol free and that I did an initial course online with them then a further one.

This is something I did off my own back , purely because its my second offence and wanted to be taken seriously , I haven't drunk anything since , my mother died from alcohol abuse and I didn't want to go the same way.

however I haven't had any alcohol issues with my GP and she is unaware of this , she is totally impossible to get hold of..im at my wits end as I have also had PTSD after she died and have had medication for this , although no longer, however the secretaries are now answering letters etc , I have not had treatment or this and my GP agreed I was ok to drive (even though I had no license and wasn't driving I just mentioned)

I really don't know if I should supply all this to the DVLA enclose evidence at the medical or tick no because my GP is unaware ...I really am super stressed and not sleeping , there's no way ill get an appointment she's not even sending referrals off for consultants ect , theyre under massive pressure and even the secretary I know is rolling her eyes...I want a new GP but am scared to swap rght now but I don't think if she gets a DVLA form shell fill it in herself . it will be left for someone else to do , I'm seriously tempted to change drs thers one next door to me and at least I could talk with them .

I really haven't had any alcohol at all although ive read a lot about women my age (menopausal) with gynae problems getting a high reading, plus I've just had a pelvic cyst burst.

I'm genuinely upset and don't mind even if I get a one year license but I'm really concerned its going to take time thanks in advance again ,Lucy

oh when I contacted the DVLA they said they don't get the court notes just that they are satisfied ? the people at the court have been really helpful I could ask them , do they send a complete record of the paperwork ?? oh lord I want to just go and be straight up but I'm so unsure if ill just make it worse or require more abstinence .

I know some people aren't always honest re alcohol etc but I have been and really never want to drink again this had affected my life and family so badly ive barely been out .

Actually I think I will enclose everything I supplied to the court and hope they give me a License I'm not a liar and never have been ... just so stressed its untrue :)

Hi Lucy here's what I think, this is a time where you need your doctor now more than ever it's very unfortunate that doctors these days are overloaded like yours, you are correct in saying that if the paperwork is left to another doctor then this could fall fowl of you regaining your licence back(this happened to me) always best to stick to the doctor that knows you. If you do change doctors it's quite possible that the new doctor will request a medical from you regarding your fitness to drive which is probably not a problem but all this will add time to your application. I can't answer your question about the courts as much as I like to because I simply don't know, but here's what I would do. Obviously you are a classed as a HRO and you will be required to attend a DVLA medical, firstly your doctor has six weeks to fill in your medical form and send it back if they do not within the time scale the DVLA will send out reminders to the practice in order to get the medical form DD2 back, I would press your doctors secretary's as I did and persist with your own doctor to address the form and it will get done but you have to keep on at them. Secondly you mentioned PTSD and medication but no longer a problem, if you have had any mental health problems in the past three years they will investigate as they did me with an M2 medical form. Now at your DVLA medical there are questions to be asked about your drinking and mental health, for the drinking as you say you had a private course of some kind and has NOT been documented with your doctor, you have to remember that the more you freely notify DVLA the more they'll punish you and quite possibly label you as dependant making it harder to regain your licence, if your own doctor has said your fit to drive then leave it at that trust me. Be honest with the only one mental health question although they'll investigate but this won't be a problem as I said they'll send out an M2 to your doctor to fill in. If you are taking any medications then these are unlikely to have any effect on CDT testing as it will state on your medical letter (this is why they changed from liver function test), you've done well considering to get where you are now so DONT incriminate yourself further, I for one know how long and frustrating this journey can be and so do many others so for now you'll just have to go with the it and keep tuned in to the forum for advice going forward....

OMG thanks so much I was diagnosed PTSD over 15 years 9 so not treated or diagnosed within last 3 or 6 years although I did have medication. and the only conversations I've had is that it doesn't affect me any more plus it was disclosed on my previous HRO medical as that's when it was diagnosed( although the hospital always bring it up ) .

I saw my GP ..miracle a month or so back and said it rarely affects me now only I'm a little upset if I see anything really traumatic on the tv , so now I'm thinking don't mention . My GP's secretary said (only because I know her because shes been there as long as me) they tend to just print off records and do it from there , I have an appointment with the GP early December but I haven't mentioned my conviction at all , but I have been sure to say well I don't drink at every opportunity ?

oh god thank you I'm also mega conscious of posting too much detail on here thanks Honest man , I'm smart, sensible don't look nuts kinda thing I'm shitting self totally but wont look crazy anxious or anything , thanks so much any thoughts really appreciated I'm just scared its automatic as second offence to contact GP , although they may know my ban been reduced (over now ) and that the court did say they were satisfied I don't drink any alcohol ...oh my life x

Glad to help or offer words of comfort this can be a lonely journey sometimes nobody really understands only those that have to go through it sounds like you know where you are going with this being sensible and smart is key to regaining your ticket to the open road lol, do keep us posted of your progress.....

oh thanks so much I should really do some posts to help people on the first time as I was hysterical then also and on medication and under a psychiatrist due to a close suicide but I got it back in the post although I haven't any letters of support this time , you don't know how thankful I am of your answers ... I'm like total hysterical again at the moment , my GP is absolutely awful I'm desperate to get a new one I'm waking in cold sweats and obsessed I know I'm scaring myself more online but its so helpful being able to post thanks so much

hi HM I took your advice and took a medichecks CDT ive been in such a state I haven't been able to even login, id read so much about female hormones affecting results anyway like you results arrived 4 days later, the hospital posted them for me (its only 25 pounds the blood taken there on top of the 75 ponds for test)
Anyway got email didn't even want to look to be honest (mind running away with me) But I have been totally honest on here and its definitely reflected in the results 0.4 so relieved although ill still convince myself it'll change , I'm hysterically DVLA said they were sending medical letter last Friday so I'm waiting on the Post at the moment .
I need a DVLA medical stress forum honestly I feel like they'll never give it back at the moment .
thanks so much , is there anyway to pm on here somebody else asked on another post last week ?
xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off