?Questions and answers of dr1v medical. ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Getinnowhere

Well Known Member
Is the (dr1v) questionnaire the hro form for cars.
I've noticed on this forum that alot of people are mentioning the questions regarding (last 3 years history) but nobody mentioning the questions that relate to the last (6 years history)
Am I LOOKING at the wrong forms,
What's your experience and the outcome of the questions and answers you gave.

As far as DVLA are concerned the six year and three years are guides only, if on investigation through your GP they find alcohol issues then usually they go back as far as the dates were recorded, for example with me they went back as far as 2006.....the DR1 can be found on the DVLA website and is part of the DVLA medical when you attend for HROs.... a DR1 will be waiting for you on arrival of your appointment, mind how you fill in this form in some cases it can lead to a revocation and especially if your CDT is in the Amber zone, next course of action would be for DVLA to write out to your GP with a medical form DD2 for him/her to complete.......to see if there are any underlying alcohol issues or mental health issues namely anxiety and depression......past or present...and yes the DR1 is the medical form for your car/motorcycle licence..

Last edited:
The problem is that if you give incorrect answers and they check and find this out from your GP then, as well as being an offence, they are going to take a much stricter line on the route to you getting your licence back.
Your question sounds like you are fishing for what to say for best effect.... how about you publish the answers that you will give and people comment on what they think the outcome will be.......?

Hi price1367 sorry for delay. (Work)

1,Not been to doctors in 4 years had no reason to.
2,suffered depression due to alcohol just over 4 years ago,

How things have changed for the best since could not be better,

I remember work, vaguely!
The outcome of those answers might depend on if your GP has marked you as misusing alcohol or being alcohol dependent.
It may be advisable to see your GP again now and put on record that you are healthy (I know that sounds silly) and see if he / she might have a Liver Function Test done for you so it is in your notes that you have a healthy liver.

I managed to have a phone consultation with my doctor a week ago and I explained the fact that I have a dvla medical coming up so i thought I would speak to you to see how it stands and he asked how things were so I went into detail regarding my success in all areas, he was very happy for me and we had a chat in general and he was very supportive towards me obtaining my licence and wished me good luck.
Just a little precarious about the questionnaire.

So it's all in the lap of the gods from now as my medical is on the 9th of July.

That sounds very positive.
What will your answers be about alcohol consumption on the questionnaire?

Alcohol consumption will have been zero in 2 months by the time my medical comes round and before that would be 6 cans of fosters on a friday after work and the Saturday sometimes nothing at all, is that bad in the eyes of the dvla or would they class me as a raving alcoholic,

Alcohol consumption will have been zero in 2 months by the time my medical comes round and before that would be 6 cans of fosters on a friday after work and the Saturday sometimes nothing at all, is that bad in the eyes of the dvla or would they class me as a raving alcoholic,
Hi getting nowhere, those holy than tho creatons at dvla are incorigable to the extreme, if you're abstinent b4 test for that period of time you'll breeze the CDT test no problem. Remember there's no such thing as a zero with cdt, anything below 1.0 is a winner, you're lucky to have decent GP on your side. He or she can have the final say. In my experience same as Honestman I was let down hugely by GP, I've lost all faith with him, And as far as Dvla goes, when they all get back to work, let's see a show of hands for voluntary CDT tests for the 6000 staff,

Lol I know exactly what you mean aron10 regarding the dvla and nice one for the confidence boost, without doubt dvla would have 50% plus fail CDT medical. ?

I've attached a part of the DR1 questionnaire (part B) it states date last seen by gp, then under that it says in brackets (for this condition).
What condition are they presuming we have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-072038_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-072038_Word.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20200708-072038_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-072038_Word.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 29
You need to read that in conjunction with questions 8,9,10 and 11 on the form, that gives you the answer to your question. The “condition” relates to the assessment of your fitness to drive.
Hi, If your answering no to questions 8,9,10 and 11 what would you fill for section B ? leave it all blank or fill in your GP's details and leave the date last seen by GP for this condition blank? so confusing lol sorry and thanks in advance

The second one, fill in the GP details and not the ‘last seen”, although probably best to put N/A in there.

I'm hoping they help you fill it out as I'm a little precarious about making any mistakes,
It says on part B (last seen gp for this condition) and says (last seen consultant for this condition) on the second one, what conditions, talk about a tricky one.

This link seems quite interesting.

Interestingly enough, when I had my medical, the doctor filled it out himself and only asked me about 4 of the questions. It took less than 30 seconds! All seemed a bit rushed to me.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off