questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance

bad past

Hello, I've just began the long journey to get my license back after a 5-year ban. I've sent my application off, and just received my doctor's appointment paperwork which I'm going to ring for a date latter on today. One thing baffling me though is the medical questionnaire I've got to fill in at the doctors...When they sent me the license application form, there was also a 6-page medical questionnaire for me to fill in, which i filled in and returned to DVLA with my £90 fee. Is this a different one to the one I'll have to fill in at the doctors, or is it the same one...??? hope someone can help., many thanks .

Hello, I've just began the long journey to get my license back after a 5-year ban. I've sent my application off, and just received my doctor's appointment paperwork which I'm going to ring for a date latter on today. One thing baffling me though is the medical questionnaire I've got to fill in at the doctors...When they sent me the license application form, there was also a 6-page medical questionnaire for me to fill in, which i filled in and returned to DVLA with my £90 fee. Is this a different one to the one I'll have to fill in at the doctors, or is it the same one...??? hope someone can help., many thanks .
The one at the doctors is different. It is available online and someone here may be able to post the link . Not everyone has a Dr assessment. Those who do ( like you and many on here ) have more detailed questions to answer . Do not be worried , just go with it .

sorry polly, just found the medical form i filled in online... it was the D1 , 6 page medical questionnaire.. everyone on that forum was saying that's the doctors medicle forms...? DVLA sent them with my license application form.,?

sorry polly, just found the medical form i filled in online... it was the D1 , 6 page medical questionnaire.. everyone on that forum was saying that's the doctors medicle forms...? DVLA sent them with my license application form.,?
The one online is actually outdated now and not what you fill in with the DVLA doc.. it will be slightly different!

Oh I’m sorry if I’m getting confused / confusing things. I just recalled a tick box questionnaire on the licence application I filled in . Then when I had the medical there was a different one . Then, when they wrote to my GP there was yet another one !!! 😂 No wonder the DVLA takes so long to do anything : they’re processing / losing / misfiling / scanning / not scanning multiple forms 😱

Well, i photocopied them before i sent them off, I'll be taking them with me for reference... lol
This is a great idea. Nice one.

I would highlight and recommend to ANYONE doing a DVLA medical to remember - or better take a copy of - your answers on the first forms you send back to the DVLA.

I think one of the reasons many are inexplicably mystified at why they only end up with a temporary issue sometimes (when they were expecting a full, 10-year) is due to inconsistencies that I bet that the DVLA know you can make.

It’s a way of working out how honest you really are about your alcohol intake. If you’ve truly stopped or cut down, you’ll remember when. If you haven’t, you won’t.

Always a good reminder to remember your answers to the DVLA.

This is a great idea. Nice one.

I would highlight and recommend to ANYONE doing a DVLA medical to remember - or better take a copy of - your answers on the first forms you send back to the DVLA.

I think one of the reasons many are inexplicably mystified at why they only end up with a temporary issue sometimes (when they were expecting a full, 10-year) is due to inconsistencies that I bet that the DVLA know you can make.

It’s a way of working out how honest you really are about your alcohol intake. If you’ve truly stopped or cut down, you’ll remember when. If you haven’t, you won’t.

Always a good reminder to remember your answers to the DVLA.
It’s a shame this process, demonises those who have bad memory recall. I’ve been terrible for years. I now couldn’t tell you what I wrote on my forms. Does that make me dishonest? Then we are all dishonest by default. Including those accusing us of being dishonest. Creates a weird paradox.

It’s a shame this process, demonises those who have bad memory recall. I’ve been terrible for years. I now couldn’t tell you what I wrote on my forms. Does that make me dishonest? Then we are all dishonest by default. Including those accusing us of being dishonest. Creates a weird paradox.
Not at all and I’m sure there’s a tolerance.

I’m sure if you’re a few days out but within the same few months then they won’t look too suspiciously on that.

If your answers scream of inconsistency, they are bound to think there is some dishonesty at play.

Most of us know when we last got pissed. The questions aren’t that hard to answer, or even guesstimate. But a lot of us have to do that, and what they don’t tell you is how wise it is to recall when you do.

Got to go for my DVLA medical in 2 weeks, and I've just done an online DVLA mock eye test. I've always knew i was colorblind and was horrified to see a colorblind test on there... WITCH I FAILED. out of the 6 tests, I got the first one and last one right but failed the 4 in-between. Is this an automatic fail for my license? also, noticed i was struggling abit on some of the tests but when I put some glasses on i wear for work, I was fine. Although I filled in that I can read a numberplate at 20 feet, (witch I can) so I didn't tick the I wear glasses for driving bit, so could I change this to I need glasses (and phone up and notify DVLA...?) ... when I phoned up the doctors to make the appointment, the last thing he said to me was don't forget your glasses if you need them...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off