Questionnaire answer no ........?

Convicted Driver Insurance

MJ2020

I have been reading many post on here , it seems a lot of people have answered no to all of the questions in the medical and have received their licence back in due course with a letter to their gp .

I do have an issue on my medical record with alcohol but it was three years ago and it was minor , no dependency or frequent misuse , so should I tick no ? I was also prescribed citalopram for depression around the same time but stopped taking them over a 18 months ago as they were not needed .

I just worry that if I answer no that the Dvla will write out to my gp , I don’t know what to do as I need my licence back because of a promotion offer with work .

please can you guys advise me , I know it’s probably a lottery with the Dvla at the moment , my ban finished over a year ago but due to financial reasons I haven’t applied until now ....

I have been reading many post on here , it seems a lot of people have answered no to all of the questions in the medical and have received their licence back in due course with a letter to their gp .

I do have an issue on my medical record with alcohol but it was three years ago and it was minor , no dependency or frequent misuse , so should I tick no ? I was also prescribed citalopram for depression around the same time but stopped taking them over a 18 months ago as they were not needed .

I just worry that if I answer no that the Dvla will write out to my gp , I don’t know what to do as I need my licence back because of a promotion offer with work .

please can you guys advise me , I know it’s probably a lottery with the Dvla at the moment , my ban finished over a year ago but due to financial reasons I haven’t applied until now ....

Surely honesty is the only way forward? If you lie and DVLA write to your GP, who then tells them something different, it’ll only lead to problems no?

I had my medical yesterday. The first questionnaire the doctor completed but then he asked me to complete a second one on my own after the physical tests. They were very similar questions around alcohol intake etc.

The DVLA medical questionarre will ask you: have you had any alcohol issues in the last six years, the questionarre will ask you: have you had any mental health issues in the last three years, did you stop taking your medication or the GP and if you stopped it have you notified the GP, the DVLA work on a basis that behind the vast majority of drink drivers there are problems associated with anxiety&depression and other issues which leads them to drink drive in the very beginning, the DVLA couple these together to make a case worthy of investigating by writing out to your GP, and on investigation they usually do find issues behind drivers and problems regarding mental health and alcohol, it is their biggest gig, when you mention you had a minor blip with alcohol do you know what the GP recorded into your notes, usually it's misuse or dependance, as you say you do have alcohol issues recorded into your notes, you are right though at DVLA at the moment it is a bit of a lotto, however answering no to all questions is another sign to DVLA of hidden issues( as I did ) and on investigations you can add another 3/6 months to your case for lying,(as I did) however being honest surprisingly will help your case by not getting a refusal will take a little bit longer but you will get your licence back, you need to check with your GP exactly what alcohol issues have been recorded into your notes, and for your past mental health issues if investigated they will want clarification from your GP with a medical form M2......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off