Question re one year license

Convicted Driver Insurance

Oliverreed

I've just received my second one year license through the post following my second successful medical/CDT 0.5% this time 0.6% the time before. I was hoping for a full unrestricted license but no joy.
My question to you is. On my first temp license it clearly showed the start and finish dates exactly one year apart. Likewise on the rear it showed all the entitlements expiring on the finish date shown on the front.
My second license which I've just received shows a duration of 15 months and all the entitlements expiring in 2037.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a possibility of an admin error or am I clutching at straws?
I thought I'd throw it out here first before I attempt the DVLA.
Cheers

I've just received my second one year license through the post following my second successful medical/CDT 0.5% this time 0.6% the time before. I was hoping for a full unrestricted license but no joy.
My question to you is. On my first temp license it clearly showed the start and finish dates exactly one year apart. Likewise on the rear it showed all the entitlements expiring on the finish date shown on the front.
My second license which I've just received shows a duration of 15 months and all the entitlements expiring in 2037.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a possibility of an admin error or am I clutching at straws?
Cheers
Just a thought but is 2037 your 70th birthday? Because my licence has 2049 on which is my 70th

It is when I'm 70. Is your license restricted to one year also or fifteen months as mine is?
I'm confused as to why it's done differently to the first one year license

Cheers
Is the date in 15 months time 10 years after your photo licence was issued? It could be that just needs renewing with a new photo and signature that is required every 10 years until you're 70. As you say, the 1 year medical licence will show the entitlements on the reverse as expiring after 1 year also. It sounds like they have issued you an unrestricted licence instead of a medical one!

Is the date in 15 months time 10 years after your photo licence was issued? It could be that just needs renewing with a new photo and signature that is required every 10 years until you're 70. As you say, the 1 year medical licence will show the entitlements on the reverse as expiring after 1 year also. It sounds like they have issued you an unrestricted licence instead of a medical one!
It is when I'm 70. Is your license restricted to one year also or fifteen months as mine is?
I'm confused as to why it's done differently to the first one year license
No I got a full 10 year one back in October, like BIG Tom says forget about the 2037 date that's normal, what isn't is a 15 month licence, give em a ring, they're open

No I got a full 10 year one back in October, like BIG Tom says forget about the 2037 date that's normal, what isn't is a 15 month licence, give em a ring, they're open
One word of caution, what I’d DVLA say “ooops, sorry, yes we meant it to be only 12 months one, here is your shortened licence.....”?

One word of caution, what I’d DVLA say “ooops, sorry, yes we meant it to be only 12 months one, here is your shortened licence.....”?
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I tried contacting them to clarify this afternoon but couldn't get beyond the hopeless DVLA automated 'bot. I'll persevere tomorrow to hopefully get some good news......or not!
The DVLA license checker shows the same dates I mentioned and says full driving licence!
Would a medically restricted license show as a full driving licence?

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I tried contacting them to clarify this afternoon but couldn't get beyond the hopeless DVLA automated 'bot. I'll persevere tomorrow to hopefully get some good news......or not!
The DVLA license checker shows the same dates I mentioned and says full driving licence!
Would a medically restricted license show as a full driving licence?
I contacted the DVLA today and as was suggested I am in possession of a full license that simply needs updating next July.
Fantastic news for a change.
Thanks everyone for your replies and advice.
Best wishes to you all

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off