Proof of ID

Convicted Driver Insurance

topchippyles

Established Member
Filled out my forms this morning and putting everything ready to post off to reapply for my licence but one question not really sure on. I do not have a valid passport to enter the number on the D1 form so read through the section on the back.My photo licence was handed in when i was banned and i applied 2 years ago so my question do i need to send in my birth certificate and NI card ect for proof again.I have lost or misplaced my old birth certificate so just ordered 2 copies but 2 weeks before i get those.I have a photo copy on file but pretty sure they need an official one

Filled out my forms this morning and putting everything ready to post off to reapply for my licence but one question not really sure on. I do not have a valid passport to enter the number on the D1 form so read through the section on the back.My photo licence was handed in when i was banned and i applied 2 years ago so my question do i need to send in my birth certificate and NI card ect for proof again.I have lost or misplaced my old birth certificate so just ordered 2 copies but 2 weeks before i get those.I have a photo copy on file but pretty sure they need an official one

hi mate you need to send a birth certificate proof of NI the whole lot copies won’t be accepted.

Topchippyles,
Sorry I missed your post.... You only have to submit proof of ID if you are applying for a first licence, asking to exchange a foreign licence for a UK one or surrendering an old ‘paper’ licence and obtaining a photo one.
The only benefit of putting your passport details on the D1 is that they will use your passport photo which saves you having to submit one with your application.
If you do have to submit documents, it is correct to say that only originals will be accepted.

Topchippyles,
Sorry I missed your post.... You only have to submit proof of ID if you are applying for a first licence, asking to exchange a foreign licence for a UK one or surrendering an old ‘paper’ licence and obtaining a photo one.
The only benefit of putting your passport details on the D1 is that they will use your passport photo which saves you having to submit one with your application.
If you do have to submit documents, it is correct to say that only originals will be accepted.
Spot on and spoke with the DVLA on friday so just need to send in an updated photo as my one expires today as it happens. They put me through to the medical dep and sending me out a medical form as well to send in along with the D1 form.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off