Private DVLA medical ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

techra

Hi there, I am now able to apply for my licence back but did not receive the form from dvla (covid blamed for everything), now there are no doctors in my area doing medicals. I need to drive as mum's just been diagnosed with cancer and transport to the local hospital is non existent. Has anybody found a way round this as I am a HRO but not a drinker so no problems or concerned with test. Any ideas/wording greatly received. T

Are you saying that the ARE no doctors doing medicals in your area, or that DVLA just TOLD you there are no doctors?
try this list below to check with a doctor to see if they are able to do a DVLA HRO medical.
Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA.

The other option is to look up your local Red Cross. They usually have volunteers who offer to transport people free for cancer related appointments.

Are you saying that the ARE no doctors doing medicals in your area, or that DVLA just TOLD you there are no doctors?
try this list below to check with a doctor to see if they are able to do a DVLA HRO medical.
Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA.

The other option is to look up your local Red Cross. They usually have volunteers who offer to transport people free for cancer related appointments.
HI THERE

t

Hi there

Thank you so much for the reply, they wouldn't give me a list of approved Dr's that I could ring round. I am in Lincolnshire (remote fens) but there are a few I could try.

I have tried the red cross they are not doing much at the moment due to Covid and the NHS ambulance just takes so long for her to wait up to 2 hours and 1 1/2 hours home it's just too much. I am a key worker so I hope it may speed up the process to mention it. T

Hi there

Thank you so much for the reply, they wouldn't give me a list of approved Dr's that I could ring round. I am in Lincolnshire (remote fens) but there are a few I could try.

I have tried the red cross they are not doing much at the moment due to Covid and the NHS ambulance just takes so long for her to wait up to 2 hours and 1 1/2 hours home it's just too much. I am a key worker so I hope it may speed up the process to mention it. T

I have now been told I cannot go to any other Dr other than the one that the suggest. t

If you explain the one they suggested cannot fit you in within the 6 week timeframe, they will offer other 'local' options. I think they just don't like people choosing their own preference in case of compromise!!
I couldn't get into my most local one, I called them and they gave me phone numbers for 2 others. I called them, 1 could fit me in and I had to phone DVLA back to confirm so they could send the paperwork through.

If you explain the one they suggested cannot fit you in within the 6 week timeframe, they will offer other 'local' options. I think they just don't like people choosing their own preference in case of compromise!!
I couldn't get into my most local one, I called them and they gave me phone numbers for 2 others. I called them, 1 could fit me in and I had to phone DVLA back to confirm so they could send the paperwork through.
do the dvla tell you if they write to your doctor

My DVLA, due to being a HRO, has been cancelled due to impending lockdown. As a key worker with a need to get my elderly mother (in a rural area) to radiotherapy am keen to progress things. My ban has already ended. TIA

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off