Post medical wait update

Convicted Driver Insurance
I've found that during 4-6pm redial gets you through, the workload is easing, I emphasise tbh, would you back down now after so long? We all have a rite to be safe at work and not take what could be "A death sentance" home. Also the site Admin pointed out to me months ago and I up to then thought DVLA are civil servants, they're not, hence not working from home. I think of it like this, if they called me to attend a medical in 3 hours my health is, touch wood fine, I've not had a, sorry, I had a Snowball on Boxing day, meds are prescribed. It's just time we are imo wasting worrying, we have lost enough I'd say

Yet another day with zip in the post from DVLA and I am beyond furious with their continued incompetency and outdated bureaucracy. If they were in the private sector, they would have been deemed not fit for purpose and the Chief Exec (if not others) sacked.

They still refuse to acknowledge that my ban was revoked SIX months ago. For the poster above in a similar situation, raise a formal complaint - details on the website. I'm in stage three of this which is supposed to be acknowledged within 14 working days. A month on, I'm still waiting to hear from the Independent Complaints Assessor. (Reading last years DVLA complaints report, there are only two ICA's who work part time from home, so that doesn't bode well).

For those of you who have asked or involved MPs, I thought that was the final stage of the DVLA complaints procedure? Did they not ask you about that? Mind you, I presume not everybody has a detailed knowledge of the DVLA's complaints procedure.

I'm am so frustrated with the Swansea lot that I have looked at raising a case in the Magistrates Court. However, this will cost £££ and I'm not in a position to pay that. Would be very happy to go along with Cafl2014's suggestion. With the news that medical results are taking at least three months to be reviewed, it could very likely be that I get my licence back a whole year later than I should have. Let's not even mention the loss of my protected NCB and MOT/service paid for plan
I have no idea about the complaints procedure, I just got pissed off and went straight to my MP, not thinking I'd even get a reply! I don't know if they'll extend the protected no claims like they did with MOTS? I'm hoping so!

Also, just keep redialing, I got through after 10 or so attempts thismorning and then 20 minutes to speak to someone. Are you calling the main medical number? 03007906806

I've just got through on the phone and my paperwork is STILL waiting to be reviewed! So no clue if they'll need to contact my GP which will take even longer! The who system and process is just wrong! I bet they're all happy to go to Aldi and get their special buys amongst crowd's of people who haven't sanitised their hands, but won't sit next to the same person all day whilst at work...
😂😂 I get you entirely. The issues with covid are symptomatic ( no pun intended) of the fact that the whole organisation is utterly dysfunctional and has been so for years . Jessica : forgive me if you’ve posted elsewhere but when was your medical and have they confirmed they’ve received questionnaire and bloods ?

GP confirmed they sent the questionnaire back over 2 weeks ago … DVLA have said they still haven’t received. Guess the onus is on me to sort it then!! 🤬

😂😂 I get you entirely. The issues with covid are symptomatic ( no pun intended) of the fact that the whole organisation is utterly dysfunctional and has been so for years . Jessica : forgive me if you’ve posted elsewhere but when was your medical and have they confirmed they’ve received questionnaire and bloods ?
My medical was June 11th, they received my paperwork over 2weeks ago

GP confirmed they sent the questionnaire back over 2 weeks ago … DVLA have said they still haven’t received. Guess the onus is on me to sort it then!! 🤬
This is exactly what happened to me. I asked for it to be resent and emailed. At every stage if the process the DVLA have said they’ve not received paperwork that I know was sent .

My medical was June 11th, they received my paperwork over 2weeks ago
They wrote to me 3 weeks after receiving my paperwork to say they were contacting my GP. I think they contacted my GP as I said I was on medication for mild depression . I don’t know if there are criteria that prompt GP follow up but if you answered « No » to everything you may be ok

The thing is guys. No matter when any paperwork is sent to the DVLA they have a policy that it will take 10 working days to get it scanned onto the system after receiving it. They cannot confirm receipt until it is scanned on - therefor allow about 3 weeks from when anything is sent to them in the post to call and see whether it has been scanned on.

Well that’s possibly good, for if they were writing to your GP you would probably have been told by now 👍
No, as they've received my paperwork but it's not been reviewed yet! So they may still look at it and decide they need to write to my GP!

Just reading the forum tonight and wondering what the likely knock on effect is going to be as a result of Pingdemic 😂😭😭

Just reading the forum tonight and wondering what the likely knock on effect is going to be as a result of Pingdemic 😂😭😭
Awful probably. Then there’s the heatwave , IT outages, school holidays , school return, arrival of flu season , Christmas holidays ….. 😱

GP questionnaire is scanned on 🙌🏻 hopefully not much longer now! 🤞🏼🙏🏼
I’ve rung them today . My GP info was scanned on just over 2 weeks ago . I’m in a work queue. Suggests I check online every day . Could be dealt with tomorrow or , could be 6 months . Yes . He actually said that .

I’ve rung them today . My GP info was scanned on just over 2 weeks ago . I’m in a work queue. Suggests I check online every day . Could be dealt with tomorrow or , could be 6 months . Yes . He actually said that .
Fingers crossed for you hearing back imminently 🤞🏼

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off