Post medical wait update

Convicted Driver Insurance

Andy smith

So I got through to the medical team today. The waiting game restarts in earnest. 9 weeks from my medical all they could tell me was exactly nothing.
So the points of interest are. They have absolutely no sympathy and nothing to tell you apart from we will inform you when we have something to inform you.
They gave me a date 3 weeks after my medical which was the date they supposedly received my papers. Which I will take as my new 8 week date.
The other thing I learnt was the 8 weeks they mentioned on one of the many many forms I've filled out means nothing.
It's an indefinite wait.
Oh yeah and if they contact my doctor they will inform me. That's good to know.
That's all folks

So I got through to the medical team today. The waiting game restarts in earnest. 9 weeks from my medical all they could tell me was exactly nothing.
So the points of interest are. They have absolutely no sympathy and nothing to tell you apart from we will inform you when we have something to inform you.
They gave me a date 3 weeks after my medical which was the date they supposedly received my papers. Which I will take as my new 8 week date.
The other thing I learnt was the 8 weeks they mentioned on one of the many many forms I've filled out means nothing.
It's an indefinite wait.
That's all folks
What is the number to call? I want to check mine

It's an indefinite wait.
That's all folks
It’s so depressing isn’t it? Such poor customer service and absolutely no concept of accountability. I am now 12 weeks from my medical , but they wrote to me after 6 I think to say they were contacting my GP. Which they have and now have info back .

It’s so depressing isn’t it? Such poor customer service and absolutely no concept of accountability. I am now 12 weeks from my medical , but they wrote to me after 6 I think to say they were contacting my GP. Which they have and now have info back .
Good luck. I havnt got that far yet. Here's hoping . I get it. We are criminals and are supposed to suffer but surely we've paid our dues already. Oh well. Shrug my shoulders and sigh and carry on in the British way. If there was an orderly queu I'd be standing in it....
What is the number to call? I want to check mine
The number for the medical team will be in your papers somewhere. They do answer eventually.

Good luck. I havnt got that far yet. Here's hoping . I get it. We are criminals and are supposed to suffer but surely we've paid our dues already. Oh well. Shrug my shoulders and sigh and carry on in the British way. If there was an orderly queu I'd be standing in it....

The number for the medical team will be in your papers somewhere. They do answer eventually.
Not the clinic, the dvla medical drivers group, its 0300 number

Oh my gosh that is a long wait…I finally got through today they have received my bloods but not the paperwork from docs and even when they receive that she made it very clear they have no timescale of when I will get a letter of the results!!! Not the best customer service but I guess it’s my fault I am in this position in the first place!
I hope you hear back soon x

Oh my gosh that is a long wait…I finally got through today they have received my bloods but not the paperwork from docs and even when they receive that she made it very clear they have no timescale of when I will get a letter of the results!!! Not the best customer service but I guess it’s my fault I am in this position in the first place!
I hope you hear back soon x
They said the exact same thing to me yesterday when I called them. I called the clinic and they have resent the paperwork.

They said the exact same thing to me yesterday when I called them. I called the clinic and they have resent the paperwork.
I agree with the pragmatic sentiment re how we’ve put ourselves in this position. However , people who are without a licence for medical reasons, through no fault of their own , are also experiencing these delays/ poor service. The not receiving of Drs reports ( that I’m sure will have been sent) seems a common occurrence unfortunately.

I agree with the pragmatic sentiment re how we’ve put ourselves in this position. However , people who are without a licence for medical reasons, through no fault of their own , are also experiencing these delays/ poor service. The not receiving of Drs reports ( that I’m sure will have been sent) seems a common occurrence unfortunately.
Wow…was that a dig 🤣. Yes I agree the back log is terrible and if could be improved great but sadly COVID has caused delays and I work in customer service and I know the effect this has had on my customers and working remotely from home or understaffed offices the issues it has caused is horrific. It is what it is.

I had my medical 11th of June, been ringing every couple of weeks, they've now got my paperwork so it's waiting to be reviewed! My ban was up on the 30th May! Any longer and I'll loose my no claims meaning my insurance will be too mental to afford!

I had my medical 11th of June, been ringing every couple of weeks, they've now got my paperwork so it's waiting to be reviewed! My ban was up on the 30th May! Any longer and I'll loose my no claims meaning my insurance will be too mental to afford!
I really hope you hear back ASAP! Let me know when you do! I’m shocked it’s taking so longx

I really hope you hear back ASAP! Let me know when you do! I’m shocked it’s taking so longx
Me too, been checking my licence online at least 3 times a day! I don't understand why paperwork isn't sent with the bloods, like surely that's the most logical thing to do?!

Me too, been checking my licence online at least 3 times a day! I don't understand why paperwork isn't sent with the bloods, like surely that's the most logical thing to do?!
I totally agree…they have my bloods but no paperwork! Although the bloods and paperwork go to 2 different places paperwork DVLA my bloods went somewhere different in waves.
So if you check your licence online where it says you are not permitted to drive any vehicle that will change when the licence is reissued?
I have my fingers crossed you hear back to keep your no claims x

I totally agree…they have my bloods but no paperwork! Although the bloods and paperwork go to 2 different places paperwork DVLA my bloods went somewhere different in waves.
So if you check your licence online where it says you are not permitted to drive any vehicle that will change when the licence is reissued?
Yea I get they'd go to different departments, but still! I've had two bank holidays and at least three strikes getting in the way! It's painstaking! Made the huge mistake, done my time on my ban, paid my fine, just give me my licence back 😭

Yea I get they'd go to different departments, but still! I've had two bank holidays and at least three strikes getting in the way! It's painstaking! Made the huge mistake, done my time on my ban, paid my fine, just give me my licence back 😭
I feel you hun!!!! I honestly do! I have my car sat in my garage waiting to be driven it’s heartbreaking!

You maybe able to pay and freeze your no claims

Sorry, I didn't answer you, but yes, apparently when you check your licence online it will say if you can drive or not, mines still saying I can now apply 😒 I'm sure someone further back the thread said that they changed their address but it isn't showing on line though, so how accurate it is, I Don't know 😕

Sorry, I didn't answer you, but yes, apparently when you check your licence online it will say if you can drive or not, mines still saying I can now apply 😒 I'm sure someone further back the thread said that they changed their address but it isn't showing on line though, so how accurate it is, I Don't know 😕
Same here. At what stage the process are you Jessica? I. E when did ban end, when was medical ?

Same here. At what stage the process are you Jessica? I. E when did ban end, when was medical ?
Ban ended 30th May, medical 11th June, been phoning every week and they've finally received my paperwork this week! So finger's crossed it won't be any more than a couple of weeks now! Knowing my luck there will be another strike though...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off