Positive amongst the negative

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hds112

Ladies and Gentleman!

On the 12th of March 2021 I was pulled over because it was reported that I was drunk driving. I was pulled, blew 141 roadside and somehow 74 at the station. I was charged, eventually convicted and thought my life was over.

The truth is, my life changed in court on the 4th of May. I stood tall and proud and accepted that what I did was wrong and I moved on mentally. The courts gave me a 17 month ban (reduced by the course) and also a 5 year conviction, however I’ll ask anyone this single question. What will you do with your 5 years?

I was 20 when I was convicted, and time is on my side, however my choice to go to university and get a degree is open to anybody who is financially viable. For those who are t, I’ve had 3 jobs since my conviction, and all of the jobs accepted me. This is not the end!!!

All I can ask is that you keep your head up and prepare for pushbacks. They will happen. What matters is how we push back against them. Convicted people or not, we are genuine, honest people and those morals pay off! Best of luck to everyone and I’m always here for support! If I can do it, so can you!

Can I ask what you mean by a five-year conviction? Whenever I have to undertake an enhanced DBS, my conviction from more than a decade ago still shows.

Not saying that to worry anyone as it has never made a difference, but it will be with you for life on one way or another.

Can I ask what you mean by a five-year conviction? Whenever I have to undertake an enhanced DBS, my conviction from more than a decade ago still shows.

Not saying that to worry anyone as it has never made a difference, but it will be with you for life on one way or another.
You are correct, the conviction lasts until you are 100 years old and will appear on your criminal record, and indeed an enhanced DBS (although this may be filtered after 11 years I believe). However I believe the OP is stating the 5 years that the conviction is disclosable under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA).

For the first 5 years, if you are asked if you have a criminal conviction (such as by an insurance company, a bank, mortgage, employer etc.) you are legally required to confirm it. After 5 years, the ROA ensures that the conviction is spent, and therefore not disclosable in the majority of instances. There are however caveats to this, certain employers are entitled to ask about spent convictions.

Ladies and Gentleman!

On the 12th of March 2021 I was pulled over because it was reported that I was drunk driving. I was pulled, blew 141 roadside and somehow 74 at the station. I was charged, eventually convicted and thought my life was over.

The truth is, my life changed in court on the 4th of May. I stood tall and proud and accepted that what I did was wrong and I moved on mentally. The courts gave me a 17 month ban (reduced by the course) and also a 5 year conviction, however I’ll ask anyone this single question. What will you do with your 5 years?

I was 20 when I was convicted, and time is on my side, however my choice to go to university and get a degree is open to anybody who is financially viable. For those who are t, I’ve had 3 jobs since my conviction, and all of the jobs accepted me. This is not the end!!!

All I can ask is that you keep your head up and prepare for pushbacks. They will happen. What matters is how we push back against them. Convicted people or not, we are genuine, honest people and those morals pay off! Best of luck to everyone and I’m always here for support! If I can do it, so can you!
A good post young man !

It feels like the world is ending to begin with, but it doesn't have to be that way.

As you rightly said, you have time on your side so hopefully you have learnt you lesson, your life moves on and you make a success of it.

Best wishes

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off