please help

Convicted Driver Insurance
yes i was one of those people last time...it took me years to stop drinking properly...i wont do that again this time i need to keep in aa n get my acceptance clear that i can never have the first drink...which is hard when ive been ok controlling it for three years....but i need to remember all this and accept i am an alcholic .....when is the best time to look at doing that course? i realise i am lucky to have been offered that too.....should i just randomly keep going to the doctor n asking for blood tests or just see him normally?

Jessica,

with reference to the course, I normally suggest that Drink drivers do the course about 40-50% of their way through the ban, so that the information gained is fresh in their minds when they are ready to drive. But in your case I would suggest that you do it earlier which will help with you coming to terms with your Drink issues and then give you a focus for getting your licence back on a known date, rather than thinking about a date 'if I have done a course which I plan to, if I remember'..........

I'm probably a bit late here, but I would suggest you prepare a very profound apology and explain how devastated you are? Don't mention your previous conviction i.e. "i was in a very bad place last time", as I think that would harm your chances of a reduced sentence.

I would also avoid mentioning the crying baby situation. That again might harm your chances. Simply state your apologies, and perhaps state the extreme damage it's done to your home life and maybe that you are aware you will not be driving for a long time. You could also get someone at work to write you a character reference.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it's going to be 3-4 years and a HRO from now on I guess.

Jessica,

with reference to the course, I normally suggest that Drink drivers do the course about 40-50% of their way through the ban, so that the information gained is fresh in their minds when they are ready to drive. But in your case I would suggest that you do it earlier which will help with you coming to terms with your Drink issues and then give you a focus for getting your licence back on a known date, rather than thinking about a date 'if I have done a course which I plan to, if I remember'..........
Hi Price,

Just as a side note, I was forced to do my course at the start of my ban (literally within weeks of being sentenced). Working it out in percentage terms, I would have been 11% into my ban. TTC had no other course dates in my area for an indefinite period, so the operator on the phone told me, I would have required to travel a long way to do it.

One thing I will say though is 7 months ago or not, the information is completely fresh in my mind. I quite routinely reel it off to friends and family without even thinking about it (especially the myths). You don't easily forget being on one of those courses, considering the precarious situation most feel in and you certainly don't if you actually pay attention. Some people naturally don't take it seriously, and I would imagine those people perhaps don't retain the information, but I can't imagine they would if they did it nearer to the end of their ban either.

It can depend on what part of the country you are in. In the cities we run courses mostly every month. In the 'wilds' that can be 4-6 monthly because of having enough people to run a course. where in the UK are you?

It can depend on what part of the country you are in. In the cities we run courses mostly every month. In the 'wilds' that can be 4-6 monthly because of having enough people to run a course. where in the UK are you?
I live near Cheshire. Took the course at Crewe.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off