Please Help! Questions regarding CDT and Liver Function Tests(LFTs) and reapplying for a revoked licence.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Arf

Hi All, Please can people of this forum help. I have once again come to ask you some questions regarding my reapplication for my licence.
A bit of a background:
Last year the DVLA informed me on 02 July that they were revoking my licence because I showed a history of alcohol dependence. I suffered from some serious setbacks (binge drinking that landed me in hospital 2 times).So now I'm classified as dependent. I took a DVLA medical in May last year and the CDT result came back at <0.6. I made a real big error in declaring that I had a small drink drink in Feb. This year in Jan I again took got a full medical (LFTs) and CDT test with my GP - the surgery is the same as where I'd taken the previous DVLA medical. My CDT levels were <0.6 and my liver function tests were fine.
Due to Covid, these are the two blood tests I've had up until now I could not do any other liver function tests testing due to the surgery not having blood bottles and restrictions. A few months ago I had another physical exam, but no bloods taken. I have sent off the forms and have phoned up time and time again. The DVLA confirmed they have my application. I still have not received a letter for a DVLA medical or a letter asking information from my GP. I am at my wits end as my life is on hold because I don't have a licence.

The questions I really really need your help on are:
1. Will this be enough to show the DLVA that I have I have enough information from my GP to say everything is fine? Or will I have to take more blood tests.

2. This year I am ashamed to say I have binge drinked on several (6 that last a week) occasions throughout the year due to the worry and stress of losing my job and my ill Father. My recent heavy binge was at the end of Sep (it lasted a week.). I totally stopped drinking from Oct. I ashamed to admit I had a binge drink last week (60 units). I again have stopped. I received a letter from my GP today to arrange for a medical (physical and bloods). I am now terrified to take the blood test.
Please can people give me an idea how many weeks to best to wait to take this blood test for liver functions to return to normal levels. As if I fail, I really fear I will have to prove abstinence for another year.

3. Also, how many weeks should I wait to take the CDT test if the DVLA letter comes through?

Thank you all once again.

Your liver function test will come back normal if October was your last drink same with your cdt levels as for the dvla I would just keep ringing them they do things in there own time but ringing them is just a reminder that your still alive good luck and stay away from the devils juice it just causes problems.

Reactions: Arf
Your liver function test will come back normal if October was your last drink same with your cdt levels as for the dvla I would just keep ringing them they do things in there own time but ringing them is just a reminder that your still alive good luck and stay away from the devils juice it just causes problems.
Hi, unfortunately I stopped on Dec 2. Would it take 6 weeks for my LFTs CTD levels to return to normality?

Hi, unfortunately I stopped on Dec 2. Would it take 6 weeks for my LFTs CTD levels to return to normality?
6 weeks you will be fine but the question that you need need ask yourself is have i got my drinking under control because if you haven't I wouldn't even bother applying for your licence to be honest and that comes from someone who has had 1st hand experience

Reactions: Arf
6 weeks you will be fine but the question that you need need ask yourself is have i got my drinking under control because if you haven't I wouldn't even bother applying for your licence to be honest and that comes from someone who has had 1st hand experience
Thank you. Yes, I have stopped and will keep this up. I went to the shops for groceries and turned a blind eye to all the special offers for booze all over the place. I have to do this for my boy. I will do this. I just won't be abstinent for 6 weeks, it will be from now on. Thank you. I am just worried that the GP will ask to come in sooner than 4 weeks. A request has been made to book, so I will long it out as much as I can before a second reminder.

Thank you. Yes, I have stopped and will keep this up. I went to the shops for groceries and turned a blind eye to all the special offers for booze all over the place. I have to do this for my boy. I will do this. I just won't be abstinent for 6 weeks, it will be from now on. Thank you. I am just worried that the GP will ask to come in sooner than 4 weeks. A request has been made to book, so I will long it out as much as I can before a second reminder.
I think the fact your licence got revoked due to dependence and then in the year you've been supposed to show total abstinence you've had several week long binges of 60 plus units, its not the best time to apply for your licence. You need a full 12 months of abstinence and LFTs to back it up and a registered date that you stopped drinking with your GP. I think they are likely to refuse again. Sorry

Try and work on the issues that lead you to drinking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off