Please help! Need urgent advice!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Terri n

My partner was pulled over and then arrested this evening for drug driving. Cocaine positive.
He complied completely with the police, has had blood taken etc..
But I've know realised that he misheard the nurse taking blood when being asked about prescription meds. He is prescribed valium, on a very low dose, but didn't notify the nurse of this. Should he contact the police and rectify this???
And, in his past he was a known drug user, but has been clear for 9 year and has never failed a roadside test since obtaining his license..What are the chances that he will retain his license?
We are both severely disabled, myself physically unable to walk, so are dependent on our car, could this be taken in to consideration???
Any advice very much appreciated.
I've also just noticed, that he has a friction burn on the side of his face, by his ear.
When I asked him what it was, he had no idea what I was talking about, but told me one officer had pulled his mask down very roughly!
Normally insignificant but, as it's caused a mark, and he

Last edited:
It is very unlikely that Valium would show up in a test for cocaine, they are entirely different.
Even if it did, the fact that he was taking it on a prescription (providing it was not showing up as excessive) would be a perfect explanation and proceedings would not be taken. No need to contact the police about this now.

if he does come back as positive then it is inevitable that he will lose his licence for a minimum of 12 months, your personal circumstances might help to keep the ban fairly low, but it will depend on how far over the (minimal) limit he was but no matter what, it cannot go below the 12 months.

The mark on his face sounds minimal. It will have no bearing on the drug drive allegation and even if he feels the need to make a complaint it would not be investigated until after his own court appearance is over. It is likely that he will not be in court for several months.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off