Please advise - Was NOT driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

silly_billy

Hello everyone,

can someone advice me on my chances of not being found guilty in court. A few weeks ago on a nice summer evening, me and a friend picked some beers up and drove to the local park and parked up, and walked to the lake to enjoy the sun and the beers.

Towards the end of the evening it started getting a bit chilly so me and my friend decided to go and sit in the car so he can finish his last beer off (I had already finished mine). I was sitting in the drivers seat of my car, and friend was sitting in passenger seat. My intention was not to drive home that evening as I had had a few beers. I live less than a mile from the park so was going to leave the car in the secured car park and walk home or possibly ask wife to pick me up.

The police do regular routine neighbourhood checks in the park, so they drove up to my car, and walked up to me and said "your eyes are glazed" and breathlized me. I failed and got the red light. They took me to the station and I got 46 and 47 on the breath test. I then had a blood sample taken 15 minutes later, which I will find out the results in a few weeks.

My question is, I was not driving the car, engine was not on. I did not intend to drive home that evening, do I have a chance in court, if my blood comes over 80?

Your advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Billy, there's no escaping. You're better off pleading guilty and possibly benefiting from a plea bargain which is an agreement between the prosecutor and the accused in which the accused pleads guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence or a reduced charge.

I happened to be in a similar situation. Me and my friends would drive to town, drink and take a cab home leaving the car where we parked it. There is usually no parking restriction on a Sunday so I'd pick my car on the sunday.

On this unfortunate night, I had left my Car in the parking yard of the night club as usual and we were going to take a Mini-cab and return to pick the car the next day. As we were waiting for our Mini-cab the Old bill came and asked whose car was parked in the yard, I said it was mine... I had the keys and that was it. I went all the way to the old bailey with this case and I was found guilty.

Bottom-line is you were in charge of the vehicle while over the limit.

I heard that only one girl got away with a drink-driving conviction many years ago because she was actually being chased by a stranger and she believed she was in real danger.

I hope this helps.

Gunner TK

Hello everyone,

can someone advice me on my chances of not being found guilty in court. A few weeks ago on a nice summer evening, me and a friend picked some beers up and drove to the local park and parked up, and walked to the lake to enjoy the sun and the beers.

Towards the end of the evening it started getting a bit chilly so me and my friend decided to go and sit in the car so he can finish his last beer off (I had already finished mine). I was sitting in the drivers seat of my car, and friend was sitting in passenger seat. My intention was not to drive home that evening as I had had a few beers. I live less than a mile from the park so was going to leave the car in the secured car park and walk home or possibly ask wife to pick me up.

The police do regular routine neighbourhood checks in the park, so they drove up to my car, and walked up to me and said "your eyes are glazed" and breathlized me. I failed and got the red light. They took me to the station and I got 46 and 47 on the breath test. I then had a blood sample taken 15 minutes later, which I will find out the results in a few weeks.

My question is, I was not driving the car, engine was not on. I did not intend to drive home that evening, do I have a chance in court, if my blood comes over 80?

Your advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off