PCP help after drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jht1293

Hi,
I’ve recently been charged for drink driving & my car is on pcp.
firstly , the damage my car suffered I imagine would be a write off.

I assume my insurers won’t allow me to write the car off due to me being under the influence

has anyone been in a similar situation to this? What did you do? Will this mean I will have to carry on paying the monthly payment and then pay the balloon payment at the end or is there another way?

any help would be appreciated , I am insured with privilege if anyone has past experience?

Hi,
I’ve recently been charged for drink driving & my car is on pcp.
firstly , the damage my car suffered I imagine would be a write off.

I assume my insurers won’t allow me to write the car off due to me being under the influence

has anyone been in a similar situation to this? What did you do? Will this mean I will have to carry on paying the monthly payment and then pay the balloon payment at the end or is there another way?

any help would be appreciated , I am insured with privilege if anyone has past experience?

Your insurance and gap insurance is invalid due to you being found to be over the limit at the time of the incident. You need to speak with your insurer and with your PCP provider.

Going by previous posts of a similar nature, you will be on the hook to finish the payments and pay the balloon payment if you do not have a car to hand back. The insurer will be able to recoup some of this amount by selling your car as it is at auction and you will be expected to pay the short fall.

I am also in this position. Nightmare. Have you told your finance company?
Not yet, I haven’t contacted insurance yet I just feel so much shame. Don’t really intend to contact finance because what would you even say about it

Hi,

You ideally need to let the finance company know ASAP.
I haven’t let mine know. I’m not even half way through my payments so scared what they will say - I have no money to pay them anything. My monthly payments are costing me £250 as it is

I haven’t let mine know. I’m not even half way through my payments so scared what they will say - I have no money to pay them anything. My monthly payments are costing me £250 as it is

Did you not tell them so they could arrange for the remains of your car to be auctioned to reduce your outstanding finance? What was done with your car after the crash? Do you still have it? Sorry for all the questions but you need to read your finance agreement and see what it says about a write off and informing your creditor.

A wrote off car isn’t worthless, when I crashed after DD I got nearly £1500 for the remains of my car. The interior and engine were still perfect as well as all the trim

Did you not tell them so they could arrange for the remains of your car to be auctioned to reduce your outstanding finance? What was done with your car after the crash? Do you still have it? Sorry for all the questions but you need to read your finance agreement and see what it says about a write off and informing your creditor.

A wrote off car isn’t worthless, when I crashed after DD I got nearly £1500 for the remains of my car. The interior and engine were still perfect as well as all the trim
Thank you. It’s not written off. The sump, wishbone and wheel were wrecked. But the airbags went off and that’ll cost apparently 🙈🙈🙈. The car is on my drive but was towed here

Im not 100% sure but I think if the airbags have gone off the insurance/PCP will write the vehicle off due to the cost involved.
You need to let the insurance company aware asap as well as the finance organisation.
You will need to continue making monthly payments plus a balloon payment at the end of the agreement as you won't have a car to hand back.
However you will get something even for a written off car.

Hope that helps

My insurance know. I’m still paying it atm but there’s no point. This incident is going to cripple me financially x

My insurance is invalid. They still took last months payment though so I need to cancel that x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off