Passing the medical with a high cdt,

Convicted Driver Insurance

t1bbst3r

Hi, I got banned about 8 years ago for not giving a breath specimin (never had a license) while on acid & now after applying for a provisional the dvla wants me to attend a medical.
I'm quite concerned as I put on the application that I don't have a drinking problem (I don't) but am currently on the sick for alcohol & depression (which I didn't say). I don't drink or anything & aren't on any meds but it seems that if you have a 'confirmed alcohol problem' then, apparently, you can't drive for a year until after it's stopped?
I've just got over having a blood virus which affects the liver & want to get back into work really (I live miles outside from where I can get a job), so was wondering that if I go to the medical & don't give the doctor a reason to contact my g.p then would I be ok? In September I had A high hemogloblin count of 150 (which is steadily dropping) but seeing as I don't drink & cdt counts of viral infections (according to a few online essays) 'mimic' those of heavy drinkers, could I just say that I drink, don't do any meds & this will be ok?
If I attend the medical & say I excessively drink on the weekends only then will this get me round the medical & not give the dvla doctor reason to contact my gp do you think or is this just wishful thinking?
I can probably get a cdt blood test done this week to see how high it is & imagine having a drinking pattern to disguise a high count but I can't be ****ed to wait a year to learn to drive, so it's either do this & risk a years suspension, cancel my application wait another few months for my liver to have a more normal cdt count to do a different medical, or wait probably a year from when my medical certificate for alcohol & depression runs out in March.

Whats the verdict? Cheers!

Hi, I got banned about 8 years ago for not giving a breath specimin (never had a license) while on acid & now after applying for a provisional the dvla wants me to attend a medical.
I'm quite concerned as I put on the application that I don't have a drinking problem (I don't) but am currently on the sick for alcohol & depression (which I didn't say). I don't drink or anything & aren't on any meds but it seems that if you have a 'confirmed alcohol problem' then, apparently, you can't drive for a year until after it's stopped?
I've just got over having a blood virus which affects the liver & want to get back into work really (I live miles outside from where I can get a job), so was wondering that if I go to the medical & don't give the doctor a reason to contact my g.p then would I be ok? In September I had A high hemogloblin count of 150 (which is steadily dropping) but seeing as I don't drink & cdt counts of viral infections (according to a few online essays) 'mimic' those of heavy drinkers, could I just say that I drink, don't do any meds & this will be ok?
If I attend the medical & say I excessively drink on the weekends only then will this get me round the medical & not give the dvla doctor reason to contact my gp do you think or is this just wishful thinking?
I can probably get a cdt blood test done this week to see how high it is & imagine having a drinking pattern to disguise a high count but I can't be ****ed to wait a year to learn to drive, so it's either do this & risk a years suspension, cancel my application wait another few months for my liver to have a more normal cdt count to do a different medical, or wait probably a year from when my medical certificate for alcohol & depression runs out in March.

Whats the verdict? Cheers!

Honestly, that is very hard to answer as I am sure here on this site most would not want to encourage lying.... if it were me I would (and did) have a private CDT test but it took more than a week for the private results to come back although goodness knows why.... still, it put my worrying head to rest a bit although I would have been stuned as I hadn't drunk for over 6 months by then :)

How do you mean about having a certificate for alcohol and depression if you aren't a drinker and you aren't on meds for depression??

Moodle

Oh, i'll probably get the tests done at the doctors this week & see how normal they are i guess, I see taking ginger noticeably lowers alt, ast, cdt levels ect. so will do that too I guess.

I got signed off by the doctor for alcohol & depression by the way from what other people said to do, I was in a hostel at the time & didn't want to work or anything & it was just easy.

They don't contact g.p's over moderate drinkers do they, I know somebody who I could ask about this but it would just be a bit awkward.....

I ****ing hate catching the bus!

You seen very anxious to avoid DVLA contacting your GP, yet say that if you have a high CDT level it will be because of a viral infection..... that your doctor will be well aware of and will be able to explain......?
you then say that you will get a CDT test done at your Doctors, ( it would probably have to be paid for, and when you explain why you need it, he would be prepared to write a letter of support to DVLA) but then use the results to 'invent' a drink pattern to explain it.
on top of that you are signed off sick with depression and alcohol issues, that I cannot believe was done without a medical note in support, you cannot just say you have those problems without proof, and ongoing proof.
as Moodle says, not many on this site would encourage or condone lying to get your licence back. You claim you have lied your way into being unfit to work, and now want to lie your way out of a possibly high CDT result, which you say there is a reasonable explanation for, but I need to avoid my doctor being contacted.
i think the reward for this behaviour should be more bus therapy.

You seen very anxious to avoid DVLA contacting your GP, yet say that if you have a high CDT level it will be because of a viral infection..... that your doctor will be well aware of and will be able to explain......?
you then say that you will get a CDT test done at your Doctors, ( it would probably have to be paid for, and when you explain why you need it, he would be prepared to write a letter of support to DVLA) but then use the results to 'invent' a drink pattern to explain it.
on top of that you are signed off sick with depression and alcohol issues, that I cannot believe was done without a medical note in support, you cannot just say you have those problems without proof, and ongoing proof.
as Moodle says, not many on this site would encourage or condone lying to get your licence back. You claim you have lied your way into being unfit to work, and now want to lie your way out of a possibly high CDT result, which you say there is a reasonable explanation for, but I need to avoid my doctor being contacted.
i think the reward for this behaviour should be more bus therapy.

Thanks for all your stigma, you sound like an 8 o'clock news & a 7:30 Eastenders kind of guy, very presumtous and synicle. You seem to get your emotions stirred up very easily too & seem to have become very emotional after reading my post. Judging by your mode of thought, You have a very linear morality based on your feelings towards things you experience & the emotionally backed presumptions you have......

Do you use antibacterial hand soaps, drink bottled water & get packaged foods coated in b.p.a's by any chance? They are all know to feminize men & the extra estrogen is bound to have some aded mental effects....

Anyway, if you read my post properly I said that any dependancy on alcohol means you can't get a license for a year, so I need to find out really if they check on your g.p if you are a moderate drinker.

Thanks for all your stigma, you sound like an 8 o'clock news & a 7:30 Eastenders kind of guy, very presumtous and synicle. You seem to get your emotions stirred up very easily too & seem to have become very emotional after reading my post. Judging by your mode of thought, You have a very linear morality based on your feelings towards things you experience & the emotionally backed presumptions you have......

Do you use antibacterial hand soaps, drink bottled water & get packaged foods coated in b.p.a's by any chance? They are all know to feminize men & the extra estrogen is bound to have some aded mental effects....

Anyway, if you read my post properly I said that any dependancy on alcohol means you can't get a license for a year, so I need to find out really if they check on your g.p if you are a moderate drinker.

I will leave Price to respond to the above (if he wishes) so I will not comment on that.

So just focusing on your comment about the year if dependent on alcohol, if you look at the front of this site it tells you about the traffic light system in place with regards to the medical and refers to what the DVLA might do depending on your CDT test & answers on your questionnaire.. I think the point was and is, if you have nothing to hide in terms of no alcohol misuse or dependency over the last year then there should be no problem anyway but they do look at a 3 year window too and you will be asked questions about taking drugs too and obviously if you disclosed the virus that affected your liver results then that might well trigger further investigations by the DVLA from your GP anyway, it could go either way..

Personally I cannot see why anyone would want to lie and increase their alcohol intake and especially to say that you drink excessively on a weekend.... anyone drinking more than 6 units in a sitting as it were can be classed as a binge drinker, this in itself would possibly cause concern anyway and again they might decide to contact your GP...so again I guess if it were me then I would wait on a CDT test myself and go from there. What would your records say about alcohol usage over the last few years? I still cant figure how they would just give out notes like that though... I do understand what you are saying about this, clearly having the said note could backfire on you, but I thought it was hard to get a sick note for even a few weeks.

Moodle

Moodle

Moodle has answered your question about moderate drinking and your GP.
As to the rest of what you have put, it is preferable if postings on here were done in English. Reading between the lines, I think you are trying to insult me. You then go on to say that if I come into contact with certain materials I will become more Female like, and therefore mentally challenged, so you are insulting females in general.
The comments in my post were a fair assessment of what you put in your post, not something that I invented about you. I use a lot of my time on this forum to offer advice to people who have made a mistake and want to learn from it, or are not familiar with what the process is that they have to face next. Check my other posts and you will see this. I do not think there is a place on this forum to discuss how to "fiddle " results, after all, we are all road users and want the roads to be a safe place.

You still have not answered what I asked, and so has Moodle now, why would you want to lie about your alcohol intake?
In this process, if you should have your licence back, your GP should be your friend, not someone to try and keep out of the process.

Moodle has answered your question about moderate drinking and your GP.
As to the rest of what you have put, it is preferable if postings on here were done in English. Reading between the lines, I think you are trying to insult me. You then go on to say that if I come into contact with certain materials I will become more Female like, and therefore mentally challenged, so you are insulting females in general.
The comments in my post were a fair assessment of what you put in your post, not something that I invented about you. I use a lot of my time on this forum to offer advice to people who have made a mistake and want to learn from it, or are not familiar with what the process is that they have to face next. Check my other posts and you will see this. I do not think there is a place on this forum to discuss how to "fiddle " results, after all, we are all road users and want the roads to be a safe place.

You still have not answered what I asked, and so has Moodle now, why would you want to lie about your alcohol intake?
In this process, if you should have your licence back, your GP should be your friend, not someone to try and keep out of the process.

Yes, moodle did answer my question & got me to go look for the 'traffic light' cdt thingy here: http://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_information_DVLA_medical.php

You however, don't make a lot of sense, I do write in English, explaining how your testacles ability to produce testosterone may be impaired doesn't insult women, it's a fact that women get more emotional, it's just not a common trait normally found in men. Emotions fire up & we feel those before our brains even get a chance to think anyway, you don't seem to be able to separate your reasoning from this & therefore like to tout your opinions & over express morals in such a way that you seem feminine......

I have a blood test booked for tomorrow now anyway, & have read a number of articles on how ginger lowers the levels of carbohydrate producing liver enzymes (in situations where the livers function to do this is impaired) including this one here: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/935486/ which should lower a cdt result after taking it for a while although 1/2 a gram a kg of my body weight split throughout the day for a few months (rats have a much higher metabolism than humans) doesn't seem like fun it would sure be of interest to any diabetics & people on medications out there & they sell ginger extracts on ebay.......

Cheers

Yes, moodle did answer my question & got me to go look for the 'traffic light' cdt thingy here: http://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_information_DVLA_medical.php

You however, don't make a lot of sense, I do write in English, explaining how your testacles ability to produce testosterone may be impaired doesn't insult women, it's a fact that women get more emotional, it's just not a common trait normally found in men. Emotions fire up & we feel those before our brains even get a chance to think anyway, you don't seem to be able to separate your reasoning from this & therefore like to tout your opinions & over express morals in such a way that you seem feminine......

I have a blood test booked for tomorrow now anyway, & have read a number of articles on how ginger lowers the levels of carbohydrate producing liver enzymes (in situations where the livers function to do this is impaired) including this one here: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/935486/ which should lower a cdt result after taking it for a while although 1/2 a gram a kg of my body weight split throughout the day for a few months (rats have a much higher metabolism than humans) doesn't seem like fun it would sure be of interest to any diabetics & people on medications out there & they sell ginger extracts on ebay.......

Cheers

Once again ignoring personal comments to others, you could try Milk Thistle..can get that in lots of places including supermarkets and Holland and Barrett....a very well known supplement to help ones liver.

Moodle (female)....lol

Cheers

And your answer to my observations about trying to keep your doctor away from DVLA and why lie about your alcohol intake is?
All you have to do is show that your CDT result is elevated (If it is) because of your medical disorder. This can come from your doctor, surely?

And your answer to my observations about trying to keep your doctor away from DVLA and why lie about your alcohol intake is?
All you have to do is show that your CDT result is elevated (If it is) because of your medical disorder. This can come from your doctor, surely?

Yes but I unscrupiously lied & said I was a dperessed alcoholic to get more money from the benefits office & this means that if the dvla gets my medical records I can't get a provisional for 12 months until after my certificate runs out in March (dvla policy, alcohol dependance= 12 month suspension & excessive alcohol use = a 6 month suspension of being able to apply).

From my body weight I can take 1g of 10-1 ginger extract 3 times a day on ebay for a few months which should near half my cdt, so if my alt ast levels come back high in a weeks time I shall have to cancel my application & re-apply in April I think after I sign on the dole.

Tumeric is also a member of the ginger family & lemons have hepa-protective effects too so a lemon ginger blast with tumeric & cayenne pepper from the juicer every day shouldn't go a miss for me either really, I already take milk thistle & green tea, I'd hate to wait a full year from March to start to learn to drive.... I heard that at some point this year the government wants to pass a law that means you will need 100 hours worth of driving lessons before taking a test & I only need around 3!

**** happens.....

Yes but I unscrupiously lied & said I was a dperessed alcoholic to get more money from the benefits office & this means that if the dvla gets my medical records I can't get a provisional for 12 months until after my certificate runs out in March (dvla policy, alcohol dependance= 12 month suspension & excessive alcohol use = a 6 month suspension of being able to apply).

Lying got you into this mess so perhaps more lies is not the answer.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 100 hours, this was in a government commissioned report from the Transport Research Laboratory, but at the moment it is only a suggestion, not even Government policy. With the Elections next year, there is no way will it come in for several years, and personally I don't think it ever will.
Be guided by the result of your CDT test as to what do. Do not always believe over inflated claims for milk thistle and other similar products.if you need help with CDT results due to your liver disorder, ask your doctor for help with this and get something prescribe, rather than something unproven. If you are worried about CDT being high due to alcohol ( and before you jump down my throat, I am NOT judging you, just trying to give constructive advice......) Then staying within recommended guidelines for a few weeks (21 to 28 units per week) should see the results within acceptable levels. You do not have to abstain from alcohol

Lying got you into this mess so perhaps more lies is not the answer.

I won't be lying, just with-holding information that would go against my cause. For the cdt, I have read that ginger (which can half cdt levels) is synergistic with glibenclamide (which cuts cdt by over half): http://www.hindawi.com/isrn/pharmacology/2012/659478/

I have ordered some ginger extract powder off of ebay now & could also buy some glabenclamide here: http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...=glibenclamide&atm=&f0=y&moqf=MOQF&moqt=MOQT1 if need be.

That's probably over kill with the glabenclamide, but I will definitely postpone the appointment as long as I can, be taking & drinking lots of juiced ginger in the mean time & especially with lots of water on the morning of the blood test & also lots of tumeric. I won't be drinking any alcohol so am ok there at least.........

Be well!

I wouldn't worry too much about the 100 hours, this was in a government commissioned report from the Transport Research Laboratory, but at the moment it is only a suggestion, not even Government policy. With the Elections next year, there is no way will it come in for several years, and personally I don't think it ever will.
Be guided by the result of your CDT test as to what do. Do not always believe over inflated claims for milk thistle and other similar products.if you need help with CDT results due to your liver disorder, ask your doctor for help with this and get something prescribe, rather than something unproven. If you are worried about CDT being high due to alcohol ( and before you jump down my throat, I am NOT judging you, just trying to give constructive advice......) Then staying within recommended guidelines for a few weeks (21 to 28 units per week) should see the results within acceptable levels. You do not have to abstain from alcohol

Reguarding taking stuff, I don't fall for hypes, I usually use the national library of medicine if I want to take anything & then sites like webmd for side effects & dosing ect., or look for articles like the nigerian medical ones I linked. I agree that people should go to doctors still, but a lot of herbal medicines which are discriminated against for not being drugs (ginger, which I will be exploiting) cant be prescribed so need to be looked for by people on their own.

You just get vitamin tablets & glutathione for liver complaints at the doctor & I don't need it as I eat a balanced diet & drink raw almond milk along with taking anti oxidants (I like alternate medicines).....

Seeya

Reguarding taking stuff, I don't fall for hypes, I usually use the national library of medicine if I want to take anything & then sites like webmd for side effects & dosing ect., or look for articles like the nigerian medical ones I linked. I agree that people should go to doctors still, but a lot of herbal medicines which are discriminated against for not being drugs (ginger, which I will be exploiting) cant be prescribed so need to be looked for by people on their own.

You just get vitamin tablets & glutathione for liver complaints at the doctor & I don't need it as I eat a balanced diet & drink raw almond milk along with taking anti oxidants (I like alternate medicines).....

Seeya

So do I, it was my acupuncturist (previously a surgeon so been on both sides of the fence in terms of medicine) that suggested Milk Thistle ages ago for general health as my natural disposition leans itself to gallbladder/liver sluggishness..I also drink lemon juice in water by the bucket load but alas ginger is one thing I cannot stand in any form whatsoever if it means I can taste it....Also take Vit B complex with C and Zinc too, Echinacea if I feel a cold coming on & at this time Floradix too as my diet hasn't been so good lately...

Anyway, good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off