Passing medical and what happens after.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Fiestaman

Has anyone plane sailed through the medical? Meaning everything gone to plan.
I have it on 5th haven’t drank for 3 weeks.
just want to know if I’m going to have any issues with it.
for example.......
Will they have to give me another medical even if I pass cdt test and drug test?
wht are the next steps after the medical.
thanks Ryan

Has anyone plane sailed through the medical? Meaning everything gone to plan.
I have it on 5th haven’t drank for 3 weeks.
just want to know if I’m going to have any issues with it.
for example.......
Will they have to give me another medical even if I pass cdt test and drug test?
wht are the next steps after the medical.
thanks Ryan
Had medical 30th September, hadn't drunk since January 1st, got licence back in Post on 21st October, didn't contact DVLA and they didn't contact my doctor, couldn't have gone smoother (except should have had licence back 22nd May but no medical or owt with 1st wave of covid)

Had medical 30th September, hadn't drunk since January 1st, got licence back in Post on 21st October, didn't contact DVLA and they didn't contact my doctor, couldn't have gone smoother (except should have had licence back 22nd May but no medical or owt with 1st wave of covid)
I missed my first medical through Corrona on 22nd November.
guttering I hadn’t drank for ages prior to that either.
glad it all went well for you mate.
I hope mine does too.

I hope mine does too.
If you've had 3 weeks of no booze and haven't been daft prior to that and your gp doesn't haven't anything on record about your drinking I can't see any reason why you won't be fine!

I hope mine does too.
Oh and I forgot to say after your medical don't suddenly start boozing, it has been known that bloods get lost or aren't suitable for testing and then you have to go back for another blood test and can be screwed if you've had some booze! Not telling you how to suck eggs, just want ya 2b successful bud!

Brill
If you've had 3 weeks of no booze and haven't been daft prior to that and your gp doesn't haven't anything on record about your drinking I can't see any reason why you won't be fine!
Brilliant mate.
I don’t drink often I’m a health freak at min. Gym 4 times week, running twice a week.
I have no medical issues with the doctor. I’ve never been to doctorfor alcohol problems.
so hopefully everything will go smoothly. Thanks mate.

Oh and I forgot to say after your medical don't suddenly start boozing, it has been known that bloods get lost or aren't suitable for testing and then you have to go back for another blood test and can be screwed if you've had some booze! Not telling you how to suck eggs, just want ya 2b successful bud!
thanks for advise mate. I waint be drinking anyway.
after the medical. How long waiting time till
You find out if you have passed?
or does it differ between everyone.
do they all check doctor records? Thanks Ryan

thanks for advise mate. I waint be drinking anyway.
after the medical. How long waiting time till
You find out if you have passed?
or does it differ between everyone.
do they all check doctor records? Thanks Ryan
How longs a piece of string? I was medical 30th Sept, got my licence granted 21st Oct (found out on gov.ukwebsite) then on 23rd Oct got licence in post and another letter in post with my CDT result. BUT it seems to differ for everyone!
They didn't contact my GP at all (which a lot of folk on her say is weird!) I was down at doctors about 3 weeks ago and asked him (whilst he was feeling my balls 😂) and he confirmed that they hadn't heard anything from DVLA about me at all. I dunno if it was just luck or what as I blew 101 but I've been to doctors like 3 times in probably twenty five years so theywouldn't have had owt on my records anyway.

James

How longs a piece of string? I was medical 30th Sept, got my licence granted 21st Oct (found out on gov.ukwebsite) then on 23rd Oct got licence in post and another letter in post with my CDT result. BUT it seems to differ for everyone!
They didn't contact my GP at all (which a lot of folk on her say is weird!) I was down at doctors about 3 weeks ago and asked him (whilst he was feeling my balls 😂) and he confirmed that they hadn't heard anything from DVLA about me at all. I dunno if it was just luck or what as I blew 101 but I've been to doctors like 3 times in probably twenty five years so theywouldn't have had owt on my records anyway.

James
Hahah 🤣🤣
So you have no idea when you have been for your medical if you have passed or failed you just have to wait till you get somthing through post!
Im going to be a ****ing nervous wreck man!!🤦‍♂️
it’s a ****ing disaster this!!!
🤣

Hahah 🤣🤣
So you have no idea when you have been for your medical if you have passed or failed you just have to wait till you get somthing through post!
Im going to be a ****ing nervous wreck man!!🤦‍♂️
it’s a ****ing disaster this!!!
🤣
Yep! DVLA dr told me that bloods go to Abergavenny in Wales to be tested for CDT and then after that it's all down to DVLA if they contact your GP, seems like on here that majority of cases for HRO do then go to GP from DVLA, still dunno why mine didn't when I answered no to all questions and blew high but I didn't lie on owt on questionnaire at medical and maybe with me been dry for 9 months prior to medical and her not been able to feel my liver.....I dunno

Yep! DVLA dr told me that bloods go to Abergavenny in Wales to be tested for CDT and then after that it's all down to DVLA if they contact your GP, seems like on here that majority of cases for HRO do then go to GP from DVLA, still dunno why mine didn't when I answered no to all questions and blew high but I didn't lie on owt on questionnaire at medical and maybe with me been dry for 9 months prior to medical and her not been able to feel my liver.....I dunno
I’ve taken drugs in the past and I’ve told my doctor this around 2 years ago. Donyou get questions that ask about drugs?

Yep they ask about that even drugs in terms on painkillers they ask about
Bloody hell it’s keen then isn’t it!
I better ring my doctor see if there’s owt on record!
I don’t really want to put down I had taken drugs years ago. It’s behind me that party scene.
im
Even more nervous now!

Bloody hell it’s keen then isn’t it!
I better ring my doctor see if there’s owt on record!
I don’t really want to put down I had taken drugs years ago. It’s behind me that party scene.
im
Even more nervous now!
You gotta work on principle here Ryan you're like me and majority on here we were pi$$ed when driving a car, so we've done wrong, we've done court, paid money and in some cases community service and DVLA only want to give a licence back to someone responsible, is thee a chance that a drink driver could do it again within a short time of getting licence back, yes probably, but also probably many people have hopefully learnt their lesson!

Why would ya tell your GP you took drugs man 😂

You gotta work on principle here Ryan you're like me and majority on here we were pi$$ed when driving a car, so we've done wrong, we've done court, paid money and in some cases community service and DVLA only want to give a licence back to someone responsible, is thee a chance that a drink driver could do it again within a short time of getting licence back, yes probably, but also probably many people have hopefully learnt their lesson!

Why would ya tell your GP you took drugs man 😂
It’s cost me too much for me to even think about doing it again 🤣
We all say that I bet.
It’s hard been a plasterer working all over country with out driving. I’ve had to employ lads to drive for me ffs.
I have lived and learned! 🤦‍♂️
i went for a health check because I was bleeding from my dick and arse scared the shitout of me. They asked if I had taken drug and what I had taken
so I spilled the lot!!
🤣🤣
Found out I had a bladder infection and a fissure in my arse. So nowt really to worry about 🤣🤣
Ffs!
I don’t want to **** my chances up on getting licence back. If I have on doctors record that I’ve take drugs years ago then I have to put it down on the medical.
or do I just say no I haven’t. 🤦‍♂️
Then will
They **** me over for lying. 😩

It’s cost me too much for me to even think about doing it again 🤣
We all say that I bet.
It’s hard been a plasterer working all over country with out driving. I’ve had to employ lads to drive for me ffs.
I have lived and learned! 🤦‍♂️
i went for a health check because I was bleeding from my dick and arse scared the shitout of me. They asked if I had taken drug and what I had taken
so I spilled the lot!!
🤣🤣
Found out I had a bladder infection and a fissure in my arse. So nowt really to worry about 🤣🤣
Ffs!
I don’t want to **** my chances up on getting licence back. If I have on doctors record that I’ve take drugs years ago then I have to put it down on the medical.
or do I just say no I haven’t. 🤦‍♂️
Then will
They **** me over for lying. 😩
You with your arse, me with my balls!!!! What a pair we are pmsl 😂 So now we have to look into things realistically don't we Ryan?
You ring up gp's receptionist and say hello Phyllis can you tell me if the Dr has on my file that I've taken drugs? Phyllis says she'll check with Dr Doolittle. He then says why does he want to know or no there is nothing on his file but then thinks well why would he ask he's obviously taken drugs before and makes a not even of it.

Next option you don't ring GP. You do DVLA medical and do you admit to taking. Yes and they will check with GP no doubt but it might not be on record.

Next you to DVLA medical say nowt, they contact gp and it is on record, then you're screwed probably.

Suppose thing is if you were a regular user and whether it was A B or C in terms of classification of drugs or if you just told dr that you smoke weed ocassionaly but I suppose end of day a drug is a drug in eyes of DVLA

Boom boom! 😂😂😂😂
You with your arse, me with my balls!!!! What a pair we are pmsl 😂 So now we have to look into things realistically don't we Ryan?
You ring up gp's receptionist and say hello Phyllis can you tell me if the Dr has on my file that I've taken drugs? Phyllis says she'll check with Dr Doolittle. He then says why does he want to know or no there is nothing on his file but then thinks well why would he ask he's obviously taken drugs before and makes a not even of it.

Next option you don't ring GP. You do DVLA medical and do you admit to taking. Yes and they will check with GP no doubt but it might not be on record.

Next you to DVLA medical say nowt, they contact gp and it is on record, then you're screwed probably.

Suppose thing is if you were a regular user and whether it was A B or C in terms of classification of drugs or if you just told dr that you smoke weed ocassionaly but I suppose end of day a drug is a drug in eyes of DVLA
🤣🤣🤣
I know mate. What a pair. Scared me though mate. Since then I haven’t taken anything.
I don’t know what route to take....
I think I just be honest and say yes I have taken drugs before. When they call doctor it may or may not be on record but at least I’ve been honest and it was years ago.
nobody is perfect and I imagine a lot of people out there have been done for drug driving.Surely it’s the same as drink driving in comparison. I haven’t been perfect but this stress is killing me. I don’t want my past tojeopardize my future.
looks like it going to be a tough couple a weeks for me!
😩😩
Any advise hahah

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off