Panicking due to past conviction, please help

Convicted Driver Insurance

jj8172

HI

This is a bit of a difficult one I hope you can help me.

I was convicted in 2001 (19 years ago) of a drink driving offence, I had quite a high reading and it was my first conviction. I was given a long ban and a community rehabilitation order. Obviously this is now a spent conviction.

Yesterday I went to a 24 hour shop in the early hours, I had been drinking the night before. I was pulled over and i was still over the limit (this was a short journey as well). The reading at the station was 70, which is twice over. I was shocked at this and am suffering badly with anxiety. Court date is set for mid June.

Some context here though, I was made redundant on the 3 March, but I also have diagnosed mental health issues, specifically Aspergers syndrome, Depression and PTSD. what has happened with my job has made things much much worse for me, with the disease outbreak as well I have become very isolated (I I live alone) and found myself using the car for even very short trips to the shops, to avoid people. But also, I have found myself in a situation not being able to do anything to help myself, I have no family around me here at all.

what I am worried about is the previous conviction, i believe it can be referenced in court? I am concerned about a possible custodial sentence being applied. I thought I was OK to drive and had left it long enough, I was wrong. I will freely admit this. My mental health problems as well though have played a role here and I am really panicking over it all.

Also I only got my licence back a year ago, i have not been in a position to do so until then, as it required a DVLA medical (was classed high risk offender). does this have bearing on the case?

Thanks for reading.

Good morning.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear you are going through tough times.

I do think the problems you are facing will have an effect on sentence but also I have to say the previous conviction will likely be mentioned and the fact you only recently had your licence returned. The prosecution will be pointing out that in their opinion you are someone who puts the public at risk and so you need to make sure the Court can see things from your perspective and understand the mitigating circumstances.

I hope this helps but if you wish to speak privately about the circumstances I would be happy for us to call you?

Good morning.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear you are going through tough times.

I do think the problems you are facing will have an effect on sentence but also I have to say the previous conviction will likely be mentioned and the fact you only recently had your licence returned. The prosecution will be pointing out that in their opinion you are someone who puts the public at risk and so you need to make sure the Court can see things from your perspective and understand the mitigating circumstances.

I hope this helps but if you wish to speak privately about the circumstances I would be happy for us to call you?

Hi yes I would like to discuss this further on the phone if possible. How can we arrange this?

HI, ive spoken to someone in your offices. I will be in touch again once I know my financial situation.
J

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off