Not charged as yet

Convicted Driver Insurance
Agree with winter snow - mine was over 5 months & the false hope creeps up. Have everything ready - if you are using a solicitor- have number ready to call, character refs, letter to bench if remorse, know the court ie how to get there etc I followed advice on this forum & went for a dummy run & sat in on a few cases in the public gallery. Thus helped me to see what to expect. If you have a car decide what you are going to do with it etc

Time from summons to court is short
Once court it over you can stop dreading the postman

Indeed it is, would like to know though why it takes so long? Is it not in their best interest to get it over and done with..
The way I see it, and given the current pandemic, we are not a priority. I often wondered myself because it is like punishment on top of eventual punishment but drink driving is also seen as such a heinous crime; they really won’t care about the perpetrators feelings. From arrest to acquittal it was 15 months of pure hell for me, my life stopped even when I tried to ignore it. Getting the phone call 48 hours before trial from my solicitor was incredible. Please stay strong and realistic on your outcome. X

The way I see it, and given the current pandemic, we are not a priority. I often wondered myself because it is like punishment on top of eventual punishment but drink driving is also seen as such a heinous crime; they really won’t care about the perpetrators feelings. From arrest to acquittal it was 15 months of pure hell for me, my life stopped even when I tried to ignore it. Getting the phone call 48 hours before trial from my solicitor was incredible. Please stay strong and realistic on your outcome. X
Thank you x

Hello everyone, just an update on my situation.. I’m still waiting for something to come through the post. it’s been over six months now. Incident was on 10/04/2021. If anyone can shed any light light I will be truly grateful x

Hello everyone, just an update on my situation.. I’m still waiting for something to come through the post. it’s been over six months now. Incident was on 10/04/2021. If anyone can shed any light light I will be truly grateful x
Ring them and ask whats going on. Theres no risk that they could raise a summons now. Mine also went over 6 months, I rang them and they said no further action. Good luck

Agree with Jon1123, you can safely check now with the police. If theyy is want to start proceedings against you, they have to be commenced within 6 mon to a so it is too late now, but there is an outside chance that they applied for
It right on the 6 months and will be served in the post this week… (they cannot fudge it and backdate the application, everything is time / date stamped)

This is great news; just be sure that you haven’t missed a letter or changed address etc by calling up- you don’t want a warrant in your name

Agree with Jon1123, you can safely check now with the police. If theyy is want to start proceedings against you, they have to be commenced within 6 mon to a so it is too late now, but there is an outside chance that they applied for
It right on the 6 months and will be served in the post this week… (they cannot fudge it and backdate the application, everything is time / date stamped)
I will wait another week before calling just so I don’t get my hopes up!

How did it go Saf?
Did you contact the police?

Not yet… I’m still nervous I’ll call them next week…x
I understand, I think if mine hadn’t come through; I’d give it a calendar month before ringing them although I think I’d also worry they had the wrong address for me. Difficult one x

Not yet… I’m still nervous I’ll call them next week…x

Saf75

Given your arrest is getting close to seven months ago, I would be tempted to chase it up now.

The 'laying' of the charges would have had to have been done no later than the 10th October, so if you are now in the court system awaiting a summons I would be tempted to chase this up with the police.

It is really poor the officer in the case has not even had the decency to contact you since April.

CJ

Saf75

Given your arrest is getting close to seven months ago, I would be tempted to chase it up now.

The 'laying' of the charges would have had to have been done no later than the 10th October, so if you are now in the court system awaiting a summons I would be tempted to chase this up with the police.

It is really poor the officer in the case has not even had the decency to contact you since April.

CJ
Hi

I rang 101 this morning and wasn’t given much information as the lady on the line said there wasn’t much on the system. and have been given the email of the arresting officer. Now I’m debating whether I should still chase up as my anxiety is really playing up since I rang this morning .

Hi

I rang 101 this morning and wasn’t given much information as the lady on the line said there wasn’t much on the system. and have been given the email of the arresting officer. Now I’m debating whether I should still chase up as my anxiety is really playing up since I rang this morning .
Well done for taking the first step. I know how overwhelming the anxiety is but making contact will not change anything now. If they did file the charges in time, you need when and where you are due in court- you don’t want a warrant out for your arrest. If they didn’t and it was dropped; you will find out and put all this behind you. Be brave and send the email. Good luck 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤞🏻

Hi

Exactly the same as me. I rang 101 was useless. Then managed to get hold of the arresting officer but he wont be able to advise either, its the traffick process office (i.e the officers who took over from the arresting officer) you need to call

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off