Northern Ireland Idiot

Convicted Driver Insurance

Idiot73

Hi, any help would be appreciated especially from Northern Ireland people. I was caught drink driving and breathalysed scoring 57 in Downpatrick on Saturday night. I was involved in a minor RTC whereby it was agreed no damage was done but the other person smelt drink of me and said he would report me, I am also being booked for leaving the scene, but I had confirmed my details with the other person and we left at the same time, which led to me being stopped, and this can be confirmed with a passenger. I had another conviction for drink driving about 16 years ago - I know... Does anyone have any idea as to what to expect - how much is legal representation, is it woth it, can you apply for the DD course without legal representation, how much a fine would be (approximate). Again any help would be appreciated.

If you both had exchanged names, addresses of the driver - and owner if this is different, and car registration numbers then there is nothing to stop you leaving the scene just because the other driver tells you to stay, you have complied with the law.

You are likely to get a 12 month ban - this is what most people seem to get in Northern Ireland But you would have got a 17-22 month ban in England. The downside to being in Northern Ireland is that everyone there has to retake their test, both theory and practical, and you cannot apply until your ban is up. (They issue you’re a provisional when you apply)
You can ask to do the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course yourself, you do not need a solicitor to do that for you. Just ask if the magistrates forget to offer it to you.
The fine will be according to your income so it is not possible to estimate what that will be.

Hi, any help would be appreciated especially from Northern Ireland people. I was caught drink driving and breathalysed scoring 57 in Downpatrick on Saturday night. I was involved in a minor RTC whereby it was agreed no damage was done but the other person smelt drink of me and said he would report me, I am also being booked for leaving the scene, but I had confirmed my details with the other person and we left at the same time, which led to me being stopped, and this can be confirmed with a passenger. I had another conviction for drink driving about 16 years ago - I know... Does anyone have any idea as to what to expect - how much is legal representation, is it woth it, can you apply for the DD course without legal representation, how much a fine would be (approximate). Again any help would be appreciated.
Hi I’m in Northern Ireland and most people on the DD course said they got a £265 fine as I did. My income didn’t come into it. I paid a solicitor £240 to represent me which I felt was worth it, as I was too upset to speak when in court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off