Northern Ireland for drink driving and HRO category

Convicted Driver Insurance

SR3427

Good afternoon, has anyone been conicked of drink driving in Northern Ireland? I was banned from driving for 12 months but was reduced to 9 months after completing the drink driving awareness course. My ban has just ended and I've sent off for my provisional lisence. I fall into the HRO category as my blood reading was 2.5 times legal limit.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to get a date for their medical?
When the DVLNI got your results and how long it took to get your provisional lisence posted to you. A time line of events would be greatly appreciated. IE.
1. Date application posted

2. Date you received letter to make medical appointment

3. Date DVLNI received results of medical

4. Date you received your provisional lisence

Many thanks

Good afternoon, has anyone been conicked of drink driving in Northern Ireland? I was banned from driving for 12 months but was reduced to 9 months after completing the drink driving awareness course. My ban has just ended and I've sent off for my provisional lisence. I fall into the HRO category as my blood reading was 2.5 times legal limit.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to get a date for their medical?
When the DVLNI got your results and how long it took to get your provisional lisence posted to you. A time line of events would be greatly appreciated. IE.
1. Date application posted

2. Date you received letter to make medical appointment

3. Date DVLNI received results of medical

4. Date you received your provisional lisence

Many thanks

Hi,

Information on timescales etc. in Northern Ireland seems quite scarce.

How did this go for you? My ban was up on the 23rd of May and I sent off my application so now I'm just waiting on receiving something about the medical.

What was the timescale for you? I'd really like to be back driving for the summer.

Cheers.

It took about 4-5 months in total for the whole process from start to finish for me and I live in northern Ireland also. I sent off for the medical in October last year and I got it at the end of November, after I got the medical it was the start of February i got my license back again. I know they'd of probably been closed over the Christmas period and new years so it might be quicker for some other people.

Just been given a wait time of 6-8 weeks James, I've heard some real horror stories around my meetings from the Christmas period. It's the worst time of the year to apply for it back as everything seems to be at a standstill for all of December+January every year. Going to keep this thread posted with all the exact dates of the process for myself and open a new one in the NI section so there will be a bit more information for people from NI in the future on here as I struggled to find information myself.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off