Northern Ireland - Ban length (Corona Virus)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Recovered22

Established Member
I'm making this post to keep my Northern Ireland friends on this board in the loop as to what to expect. As most of you know, when you are banned in Northern Ireland everyone is ordered to re-sit their driving test. In a trade off, we only really get 12 month bans here regardless of reading reduced to 9 with the course but we have to do the tests again. I blew 93 and got 9 months with the course. Due to the current Covid-19 situation all driving tests have been cancelled for 3 months.

As it stands if your ban is up now or you are in the finishing weeks of your ban, you will not be back behind the wheel of a car until late June/early July at the earliest. I can't really say for sure what the test situation will be like after this 3 month period, as you can imagine there will be A LOT of people waiting to do tests and we could end up with a backlog much like our current abysmal MOT situation. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all good health and hope this situation will be over as fast as it started.

Regards,
G

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off