Non-HRO Licence Application - all sorted

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gilln1

Well Known Member
I know many people have had absolute shockers with DVLA and re-applying for licences however it doesn't seem to be all bad.

I'm not HRO and my ban ends on 17th June.

On the sage advice of @Luna2000 I didn't wait for the forms to come through the post, but got a D1 and postal order from the Post Office and whacked them in the post on 19th April without giving it much thought as there's still pretty much 2 months to go.

On my doormat this morning was a brown envelope from the DVLA with a nice shiny new licence in it valid from 18th June...... so it took 11 days, and I'm basically good to go on the day after the ban ends.

I do appreciate that some who may read this will be having a far worse time of it. It really is outrageous how slow they can be in Swansea, you have my utmost sympathy. But part of the reason I write this is to say to others that sometimes DVLA can get the job done so don't despair ..... another part of the reason of course is that I'm chuffed to bits to have a bit of plastic back - even though its not actually valid yet !!

I'm an HRO due to two convictions. The first time it was a doddle to get my license back. This time, however...............

Ban ended on Feb 12th, and still not got a date for my medical yet.

Oh, congratulations by the way. Roll on the 18th of June! You've boosted me a little bit by saying that the DVLA can be efficient. Fingers crossed!

I'm an HRO due to two convictions. The first time it was a doddle to get my license back. This time, however...............

Ban ended on Feb 12th, and still not got a date for my medical yet.

Oh, congratulations by the way. Roll on the 18th of June! You've boosted me a little bit by saying that the DVLA can be efficient. Fingers crossed!
Thanks Norts

I really feel for you and others who are having to hang on so long, fingers crossed for you !

I know many people have had absolute shockers with DVLA and re-applying for licences however it doesn't seem to be all bad.

I'm not HRO and my ban ends on 17th June.

On the sage advice of @Luna2000 I didn't wait for the forms to come through the post, but got a D1 and postal order from the Post Office and whacked them in the post on 19th April without giving it much thought as there's still pretty much 2 months to go.

On my doormat this morning was a brown envelope from the DVLA with a nice shiny new licence in it valid from 18th June...... so it took 11 days, and I'm basically good to go on the day after the ban ends.

I do appreciate that some who may read this will be having a far worse time of it. It really is outrageous how slow they can be in Swansea, you have my utmost sympathy. But part of the reason I write this is to say to others that sometimes DVLA can get the job done so don't despair ..... another part of the reason of course is that I'm chuffed to bits to have a bit of plastic back - even though its not actually valid yet !!
Glas to be of service I am. :):):)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off